Pilot

By

David Goller and Chris Muinos

EXT. OFFICE BUILDING - NIGHT

Two figures on a distant office floor seem to be having a meeting. One is in a suit and sits at a desk, leaning casually back in a chair and drinking something. The other is wearing a long, formal jacket and something bulky beneath. He stares out the window, a mirrored visor obscuring his eyes and forehead. Outside the offices floor to ceiling window, a figure hangs upside down, watching. CRANE smiles at his reflection: he's wearing dark, sneaky looking clothes and a mohawk. He attaches several devices to the window, one of them a camera - they light up.

INT. HANGER BAY - NIGHT

RECON TANGO crouches on a catwalk above a factory. He snaps photos of huge mechanized, humanoid shapes: War Frames. Walking tanks. Their metallic frames and weapons gleaming. He looks around for anyone watching- then looks to his wrist, at the EHUD display there, then keeps taking pics.

INT. COMPUTER LAB - NIGHT

JANE sits at a computer looking over her shoulder, nothing. She goes back to hacking the system. She's young, barely into her teenage years. She has a pixie haircut and types faster than anyone has a right to be typing. A figure moves into the doorway behind her. It gets closer, coming into focus, stepping into the computers light. LOTT might be laughing- tall and menacing, his arms crossed. Jane checks over her shoulder again, watching Lott carefully. She jumps up, holding a finger to the EHUD on her wrist like a bomb trigger, kicking her chair at Lott.

JANE

" I press this... and my whole team responds."

LOTT

"Then what are you waiting for?"

Jane takes a swing at Lott, who effortlessly dodges and responds with one of his own, knocking her out.

INT. HANGER BAY - NIGHT

Recon Tango looks at the EHUD on his wrist. A red light blinks, showing what looks like a distress signal.

RECON TANGO

"Damn it Jane."

EXT. OFFICE BUILDING - NIGHT Crane is kneeling down. His EHUD also blinking at his wrist. He shakes his head at the display, then cocks it- seeming suddenly alert. He calls over his shoulder.

CRANE

" You should leave."

Suddenly footsteps sound behind Crane. Two soldiers approach, their sidearms in hand and aimed high.

SOLDIER

" Did you hear anything good?"

CRANE

" Your boss... (beat) ...has a beautiful telephone voice."

SOLDIER (smiling coldly)

"Yeah he does."

The fight is more heard than seen. It's over as quick as it begins, both soldiers on the ground without firing a shot. Crane walks off with one of them over his shoulder.

ISIS (V.O.)

" This is not where our story begins."

BLACK SCREEN TEXT: 7 YEARS EARLIER THUNDER STRIKES- CUT TO