"Yes. I suppose so," I softly replied. The man closest to me who asked for the scotch on the rocks turned his head sharply towards me.

"Are you that Parker girl?" He didn't seem as drunk as the first.

"I... I guess so," I answered shyly. He quickly took out a serviette from one of the canisters and clicked the pen on that he removed from his suit pocket. Although he did seem intoxicated, he was doing alright.

"Can you sign this for me?" he asked. I nodded and quickly wrote down my autograph. I had it down so well that I could do it with my eyes closed.

The man thanked me as the bartender arrived with his drink. The bartender slowly looked up to me.

"Can I help you ma'am?" he asked. He folded his arms across his body. I hoped he didn't think I was asking for a drink because I was still underage.

"Can you direct me to the room service help desk?" I asked. Telling from the look I received, there was no such thing. Bloody Tristan.

"Do you mean guest services?" he politely asked. You could tell he didn't feel like dealing with idiots. Poor guy. It was probably nearly the end of his shift and here I was pestering him with questions.

"Can they help me with food service? I mean my boyfriend back in my room can't connect his phone to the room service guy..." I mumbled. The man's face changed even more. Gosh, I bet I was just looking more like an idiot every moment I stood here.

"We don't have dial up room service. It's door to door delivery."

I must have looked confused, because he began to elaborate more.

"Our lodge doesn't have dial up food service, which means you can't get it over the phone. One of our workers, Emmanuel, attends the rooms on rounds to check if any guests have the order slip filled out and in the pocket alongside their door."

I nodded. That makes more sense.

"Thank you," I looked at his name tag, "Jacob!" I frowned. Now I felt like the biggest idiot in the world. When I entered the cold again, the blood immediately disappeared from my cheeks and my entire body was a solid five degrees again. I mumbled profanities to myself as I stumbled back down the snow hill. It would have been faster to personally ski back to the cabin, I wouldn't have been as cold that way. It also hit me that the sun was down now, meaning I had been gone for more than twenty minutes from the cabin. I was surprised Tristan hadn't left the cabin on foot to come find me.

When I re-entered the cabin, I noticed that York wasn't in the living room and neither was Tristan. The television was also off.

Perhaps they did leave to find me.

The entire cabin was dark and I couldn't' see anything so I continued to walk to try and find the light switch. Believe me, trying to find a light switch in the dark of somewhere you don't live, is near impossible.

When I got closer to the couch I noticed there was one single tealight candle in a mason jar on the ground. It was dimly lighting a small amount of light in the room. It was the only thing I could see, so I followed it. Perhaps the power had gone out and Tristan had resorted to using tealight candles.

I mean that could happen right? I was not about to be murdered by some lodge killer was I? Was that a thing?

When I reached the tealight I noticed that there was another one at the hallway door. Perhaps I hadn't noticed these before because they were well hidden behind the couch.

As I proceeded to walk, I noticed that the tealights had made a trail that led me to the hallway. Once inside the hallway they were placed carefully closer to each other, leading up to the other end of the hallway.