32

***Mae's POV***

When I woke up on the morning of March fifth, it was a very different feeling.

I turned and looked at the made bed beside me, noting that the bedsheets were still tucked in. After a brutal fight and what felt like such a real 'breakup' with Dean, he left last night to go back to college. I paid him his fifty thousand for the past year and a half and sent him home on the first flight out.

Thing is, we were instructed to cause a public breakup but I knew that Deans reputation was on the line as a college student, so I decided to announce on my social media accounts that we were over with. The only problem with that was that Dean thought he deserved more than a simple message on my social media accounts. So in the midst of me trying to protect him from the harsh critics in Hollywood, I knew he did deserve more. This resulted in many arguments between us that were very real.

I didn't want him to leave because I knew he was my best friend, but something deep down told me that I had feelings for my co-star, Tate. I didn't want to, but I knew that my heart usually betrayed me.

So Dean left at eleven p.m. last night to travel back to college and cheque in his fifty thousand that I wrote for him from my cheque book. With him he also took all of his college books, and nearly eight hundred thousand Instagram followers that were now dwelling on his posts, hoping for a chance to meet the law major in the City of Angels.

I had long finished the filming of Breakfast at Tiffany's and it was now in production as they attempted to edit the months worth of footage that they had gotten along the streets of Manhattan. A knock on my door swept me back to reality and I rushed over to check who was standing behind the wooden door.

I swung the door open recognizing the face instantly. Tate smiled as he looked down at me, his small beard growing along nicely.

You see, it may have slipped along the way to Tate that my relationship with Dean was in fact a sham. Tate was someone that I could confide in because I trusted him and I knew that there were no secrets between us. This also meant he knew how I felt about him.

Truth was, I had been waiting for the fake relationship with Dean to end so that I didn't have to be so secretive about Tate. Tate and I liked each other, there was no denying that.

I jumped around his waist as he walked forward into my apartment and kicking the door with his foot as he walked past. I giggled as he struggled to lift my legs higher around his waist. I softly wrapped my hands around his neck so that they connected at the base of his neck.

He tossed me onto my bed that I had just freshly made moments ago. I died inside but I knew it was for a good cause. He hovered over my body smiling down at me beneath him. I gave me a sense of pride to know that I was the reason for his smile.

We continued to kiss for a while longer until we both had to take a break to re-catch our breath.

As he walked over to the television to turn it onto the Comedy Channel, my phone began buzzing. Typically I would jump on the opportunity to message someone back, but today I was letting the distance between my phone and myself grow.

I walked over to Tate and sat beside him on the couch. I threw my legs over his lap, to which he answered with placing one of his large hands over my calves. We sat and laughed at the jokes on the stand up comedy skit that we were watching, but I couldn't shake the sound in the back of my head of my phone continuing to buzz behind us on the bed.

After half an hour or so, Tate walked over to the kitchen to make some late lunch for the both of us and he ended up making a salad with all of the stuff that I was unlikely to eat. I ate an entire bowl though.

The afternoon floated along quickly, and before I knew it Tate had to leave to audition for a new movie at six p.m., so I looked around the internet for what was on in the city tonight.

The first thing that came up on the page was a dark blue banner with a photo of a band of four boys as they stood at the edge of the stage bowing. They were four familiar faces that I had once known too well, or it felt like I had in a past life.

I closed the screen of my laptop loudly and grabbed my coat and bag off the hook before leaving my apartment.