12 (Part 1)

We were back at the hotel, and I just changed into my pajamas. I grabbed the TV remote, and I pressed the 'On' button.

I immediately searched for the TV guide. I wanted to know if any good movies were playing. I found out the move Fantastic Beasts and Where to find Them was about to begin.

I typed in the three channel numbers and I snuggled up next to a pillow on my bed. I watched the movie for the remainder of the night, while Mom scrolled through her Facebook.

"Mom." I called, keeping my eyes glued the TV screen.

"Yes?" I heard her reply.

"Would you please be a dear and bring me a bag of chips?" I said in a very fancy accent.

"Why, certainly. What kind of chips do you crave?" Mom asked, playing along.

"Oh, I think Cheeto Puffs will do."

"Right away." Mom stood up from the bed, and she grabbed her wallet. She exited the room with the keycard and wallet in hand.

Not long after, she returned with a bag of Cheeto Puffs. She handed me one, and I said my thanks.

Mom decided to watch the movie with me, even though I was half-way through it.

Once the movie ended, we exchanged our "good nights", and "sweet dreams" before we hit the hay.

-Time Skip-

It was morning again, Mom and I went downstairs for breakfast.

"Y/N." Mom began, taking a sip of her tea.

I looked at her before answering.

"Yes?"

"Well, Ms. Miller and I are going to have brunch with some of her other friends, and.." Mom paused, thinking of how she should say this. "You are too young to come with us so Levi will come over to our room to spend time with you."

Levi and I, all alone? I didn't know how to reply to that, so I said nothing.

"But, we're planning surprising Levi by all of us going to this park in Cape Melville."

"Will Levi and I still have time to hangout at our room before then?"

"Yes, maybe a few hours so Ms. Miller and can get ready. We're all camping there!"

"Cool!"

Camping sounded so fun, especially if Levi was going tag along.

"How about Levi's sisters?" I asked. I hoped they weren't going to come, I wanted Levi all to myself.

"They'll be staying the night at their friend's place."

I nodded in response, and I finished my breakfast.

Once we were done, Mom and I returned to our room to change.

I wore a indigo and white hoodie with a pair of black leggings and small, black army boots.

"Ms. Miller and I will leave for brunch in ten minutes." Mom replied when I asked her how long I would have to wait for Levi to arrive.

Ten minutes later, Mom's phone began to ring. Mom was in the bathroom applying makeup to her face, and her phone was on the bed. I retrieved her phone for her after I looked at the caller ID, Ms. Miller.

Mom picked up the call, and she switched to speaker mode. They didn't talk much, Ms. Miller just informed Mom that she's waiting in the hotel lobby.

Mom told her that she was on her way, and they said goodbye before hanging up. Mom grabbed her purse before she reached for the keycard. She opened the door, and we walked downstairs to see Ms. Miller and Levi waiting for us.

"I left sixty dollars by the lamp on the nightstand in case you or Levi gets hungry, okay?" Mom said as we walked up to Levi and his mom. I nodded at Mom before I greeted them.

I said hello to Ms. Miller and Levi, and so did Mom, before she told me to take Levi to the room. She handed me the card, and Mom and Ms. Miller exited the hotel.

"Follow me!" I ordered Levi, as I rushed past him and up the stairs. "Last one in is a rotten egg!"

I made it first, and Levi came in second.

"Oh, that smell! It smells exactly like a rotten egg!" I taunted, pinching my nose.

"You got a head start!" Levi complained.

"What? I can't hear you over the smell of rotten egg! You have to speak up!"

"Oh, just open the door already!"

I smirked in triumph before I slid the keycard into the slot above the door handle.

I pushed open the door, and I let Levi in before I closed it behind me.

I looked at the lamp on the nightstand to see three twenty dollar bills sitting next to it.

I took them in my hands before I started to fan myself with the money.

"What would you like to eat?" I asked Levi, showing off the sixty dollars in my hands.

"Are we going to use room service?" Levi inquired.

"You know it!" I replied, "So, should we order junk food or what?"

"Maybe some Australian candies?" Levi offered.

"Sure!" I picked up the phone from the landline, and I put it to my ear. The only thing I heard was slightly high-pitched ringing.

"Give me that paper!" I told Levi, pointing to the TV guide. Hopefully it would have the number for room service on there.

My prediction was correct, so I typed in the number.

The phone kept ringing for a little while until an employee answered.

"Room service, what do you need?"

I looked at Levi for help on what to say.

"Candy..?" He whispered at me.

I made my voice sound deep before answering the employee on the other end.

"Umm. I would like your finest candies and soft drinks." I said into the phone.

"Okay, well. How much will you be willing to pay?"

"Fifty dollars."

"Is that including the service fee, tax, and the tip?"

I looked at Levi again, unsure of what to say.

He nodded his head vigorously at me, so I told the employee yes.

"Ahem. Yes, including what you just said."

"Okay sir. Your food and drinks will be with you shortly."

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome, sir."

I hung up the phone, and I put it back in its place.

Levi and I waited until our food came before we watched TV while eating. We chose to watch YouTube instead, after we couldn't find anything else to watch on TV.

I grabbed my laptop and I set it on my lap before I powered it on. I opened a tab and I opened up YouTube.

Levi and I settled to binge-watch Shane Dawson's conspiracy theory videos. We did that until Mom and Ms. Miller came back from brunch.