1

"Hey Mom, is it time yet?" I asked my mother as she sat next to me in our finely furnished living area inside our enormous mansion.

"In a second, sweetie," Mom replied, who was also Ava DuVernay, the soon-to-be director of the movie, A Wrinkle in Time. "Let me finish this episode of Grey's Anatomy."

So I waited and waited until finally the episode ended and I began what I so eagerly wanted to do: help pick the right actors for Mom's movie. I sat down next to Mom as she placed her laptop on her lap, and she opened a file where all the audition tapes were.

I skimmed through them pretty quickly, shaking my head and saying "nope" at the auditions I didn't think we're right, but then I saw a cute teenage girl with light brown skin, curly locks of dark brown hair, and matching dark brown eyes.

I decided that she could be a possible candidate to play the role of Meg Murry -since that was the role she auditioned for- so I nodded my head at Mom and she took a mental note before passing on to the next audition for Meg.

-Time Skip-

I was almost finished picking out actors to play the characters in the movie, and Mom agreed with all the choices I've made so far. "There is one more role I would like your help with" Mom smiled, "after that we can go get frozen yogurt before bedtime."

I crossed my arms and I let out a "Hmph!" before turning my head away from Mom, the both of us knew that I didn't like my curfew being called bedtime, since it made me feel like a child.

"Mom, I'm not a baby, I'm a fifteen year-old." I grumbled.

"You're still my little girl to me, Y/N," Mom replied, smiling as she pinched my cheek and gently wiggled it around. I gave in and smiled back at Mom before she let go of my cheek.

"So, what do ya think of this guy to play Calvin?" Mom inquired, showing me a picture of a guy with charcoal colored hair, pale porcelain skin, a square-shaped head and tiny lips with big seaweed green eyes that were widely separated.

Dang, he's actually really good-looking, but I'm searching for the right actors with my mom, not looking for a BoYfrIeNd on Tinder, Y/N thought, focus on the task at hand, not some cute boy.

I shook my head no after watching his audition, I had to admit, he was a good actor, a really good actor, but I wasn't so sure if he's the one.

Mom went to the next audition as I reminded myself that if there wasn't anybody else, I'd have to settle for the hot black-haired hunk. I watched the next audition with amazement as I saw someone who was even more talented and attractive than the hot black-haired hunk.

He recited his lines perfectly, while switching between an Australian accent and an American one. It didn't matter to me though, it actually made him seem more attractive.

I stared at the boy a little while longer even after the audition ended. I studied his handsome face. He had light-brown hair with piercing blue eyes, and he had flawless rosy-pale skin. I realized I was staring for way too long, and I tried to play it off cool.

"He seems like a Calvin to me." I tried to tell Mom nonchalantly, resting my hand on the armrest of the couch I was sitting on. The other hand fiddling with the strings of my sweatpants. Mom smirked and chuckled to herself before moving on.

-Time Skip-

I jumped into the passenger seat of our blue Volkswagen and backed out from our driveway. Throughout the car trip, my mind kept drifting back to the boy with the accent, and I soon realized that I was starting to develop a bit of a crush on him. But then again, I have no idea who he is, so I asked Mom.

"Mom?"

"Yes, sugarplum?"

I ignored what Mom called me, and went on. "What are the names of the actors we picked?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"I, uh...."

Shoot! Now Mom will definitely know the real reason I asked, I should've been prepared.

"I want to come with you to work so I can meet them." I lied, but hopefully Mom wouldn't assume so.

"Why do you want to meet them? You've never wanted to meet the cast of my other movies, I thought you're supposed to be an introvert, like you said."

"You've always told me to make friends, so I'd thought I'd give it a shot..?" There was a hint of nervousness in my voice as I replied, but I didn't lie this time.

Mom had always begged me to make friends since I didn't have any, but I was too introverted and shy to make any. And Mom counts as a friend to me so I wasn't completely alone, but she would have to go to work directing movies and such, that Mom hired a babysitter and a tutor so I wouldn't be bored when she was gone.

"Okay." Mom replied with a shrug as she was nearing the frozen yogurt store. We got out of the car to be greeted by the cold November winds. I pulled my phone out from my pocket to check the time, it was a quarter past nine. I crossed my arms because of the cold wind and entered the store trailing behind Mom.

I picked F/F (favorite flavor) frozen yogurt while Mom picked vanilla. I slowly ate the delicious ice-cream like treat as Mom told me their names.

"Storm Reid plays as Meg Murry," Mom began. "Deric McCabe plays Charles Wallace, Rowan Blanchard plays Veronica Kiley, and Levi Miller plays Calvin O'Keefe."

"Thanks." I replied after I swallowed a spoonful of frozen yogurt. Levi, huh? I'll have to do some research on him.

-Time Skip (for the 3rd time!)-

I told Mom goodnight before I changed out of my clothes and into my favorite snuggly purple dolphin onesie. Once finished, I grabbed my laptop from my table, and I hid under the covers with my lights off. I powered up my laptop before logging in. Oh yeah, time to get my research on!

It didn't take me long to find out his age, weight, height, nationality, likes, hobbies, hair color, eye color, social media's, whether he has or doesn't have a girlfriend, etc. I gathered all my information from several sites and I made multiple documents about Levi, and made a folder for them. After I finished sorting the documents in alphabetical order, I reveiwed the basics.

Full name: Levi Zane Miller
Sex: Male
Age: Fifteen years-old
Birth date: September 30th, 2002
Birthplace: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Zodiac: Libra
Parent(s): Meg Miller
Siblings (oldest to youngest): Tiarnee Miller, Brittany Miller.
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 127 lbs/ 58 kgs
Relationships: None
Residency: Los Angeles and Australia
Twitter: levizanemiller
Facebook: levizmiller
Instagram: levizmiller

I opened a new tab and searched for his Instagram. I found it shortly after I typed his username in the search bar, and I dug through all his pictures one by one. I went to his Twitter and Facebook afterwards. After a while of scrolling through pictures of Levi did I notice that this might be a little more than just a fan-crush. I realized what I was doing was creepy and stalker-like.

Psshhh, me, stalker? No. Obsessed fangirl? Maybe. But what I'm doing is research, research on how to become friends with Levi, just friends. Nothing more than friends.