XIII: wish you were here, everywhere that I go

"I wish you were here, everywhere that I go

I wish you were here, everywhere that I go

I wish you were here, everywhere that I go."  

Lex

I hadn't been that kind of uncomfortable in a while. The last time I had been that uncomfortable was when I was spending my first nights sleeping in the same room as Juliet, since we were roommates. Those nights I couldn't sleep and I was really tense and sweaty. With Sierra it was a hundred times worse, because it actually included fear of Luke forgetting me.

She was so much prettier than me, and she actually dressed like a girl. Meanwhile she had the perfect make-up, you could see the bags under my eyes and the small marks on my skin. She was tall and I was a short stack of pancakes. And when she opened her mouth to sing along to Ashton it sounded good. Of course she was the perfect girl for Luke.

Sighing, I pulled Calum to a lonely corner with me. "Do you think he still has feelings for her?"

Calum shook his head. "They were never feelings. He loved the idea of her, of a healing relationship. Sierra was just a consequence of Arzaylea," he paused for a second and I knew he was debating whether he was supposed to tell me or no. "She was his longest girlfriend, but she was a bad person and a bad influence, of course. She got him drunk quiet a lot, made him use hard drugs, cheated on him. When he realized he was really heartbroken, and Sierra was kind of broken too when they met, so they bonded really well. It didn't work out. The two were too broken, and he had too high expectations."

I started thinking about how I was broken too, in many different ways but Luke and I seemed to fit so perfectly. "But I am broken too," I replied to his short explanation.

"No. The difference is that you fill each other's empty holes with your overflowing spots. They had the same holes, couldn't feel them that way," Calum said smiling kindly to me. "Lex, you are amazing, and I am not saying Sierra is not amazing, but you are Luke's right girl." There was something off about Calum eyes, something wasn't lighten up.

He hugged me tightly while I tried not to cry against his chest, but it was really hard not to. Over the past two weeks Calum had grown into a best friend to me; there was nothing like Juliet, but he was pretty close. Calum understood me, supported me and gave me great advice. Calum was the kind of friend that often went underrated, but I appreciated him a lot.

He was a serious person but we always had a great time when we were together, mostly because we would always joke around about memes, music and how he would never teach me to play the bass if I kept being mean to him. Of course, I was not mean to him.

As I hugged Calum I saw Luke coming back by the corner of my eye. I broke the comfy hug I was having with Calum and watched Luke come towards us. I saw how he avoided Sierra as he tried not to spill anything from the cups he was holding with his hands. At first I couldn't decipher the liquid contained in them but when he was close enough I was able to catch sight of the ice and fruit. He was holding two glass cups of sangria wine.

I started doing the dance to Camila Cabello's song and he started laughing a few steps away from us, and only stopped to kiss my forehead; Luke had something with kissing my forehead. I took the cup without a word and drank a small sip. Delicious, as always. I hadn't had it since the night I spent at Luke's house.

"Thought you would like some," Luke said taking a sip of his own.

"You thought right, sir," I said taking another sip. "This things is heaven in alcohol."