Operation Outbreak (3/3)- An End to this Nightmare

Start from the beginning

I led the way towards the location in question. The GPS took us to an abandoned building that had an antennae sticking out of it.

"This is the place," I said.

"Getting here was easier than I thought. Were most of the monsters eliminated?" Thatcher said.

"Either way, we made it here. Now let's put an end to this," Hibana said.

I approach the door and listened for any sounds coming from inside. I heard a few muffled voices. I pull out a frag grenade and tossed it under the door and backed away. All that could be heard was the screams of the terrorists in the room.

"That should take care of that room. Let's go in."

I bust down the barricade to the sight of multiple dead bodies on the floor. So much for a last defense.

"There seems to be a set of stairs leading up," I said.

I climb up the stairs and I heard voices. I hold my breath and listened closely.

"I think we've set enough chaos here in London. Now we need to infect the entire world," One of the terrorists said.

"Once the boss gets here, we can finally achieve our goal," another said.

'Goal? What else could they possibly achieve?' I thought.

"I've heard enough," Thatcher said running up the stairs.

"Thatcher?" I said in confusion.

Me and Hibana follow him and found him in a firefight. Thatcher landed bullet after bullet into each terrorist. No one was left at the top of the building.

"Start defusing!" Thatcher shouted.

"Right!"

I plant down the jammer and started the defusing process. We waited thirty seconds until the bomb was disarmed.

"Something feels off. I didn't think it would be this easy."

"Well, if it isn't Team Rainbow's grunts," a man said as he walked up the stairs.

A man wearing a blood red mask appeared from the stairs. He gave off an intimidating aura.

"Who are you!" Thatcher said.

"All you need to know is that I'm the leader of the White Masks."

Thatcher fired upon the man, but he dodged every single bullet.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you old man. I'd save your ammunition for the monsters below."

"What?" The three of us said in confusion.

"Consider it a reward for interfering with my plans."

He looks directly at me.

"Well, today must be my lucky day. I am met with both father and son. Let's hope these monsters can eliminate both of you and exterminate your bloodline."

"What are you talking about! Both my parents are dead!" I was very confused.

Thatcher remained silent. The man with the blood mask laughed hysterically.

"Did the old man ever tell you? You are of his blood and flesh."

"You must be lying!"

"Why don't you ask him yourself," he said over the loud cries of the monsters. "If you excuse me, I have some business to attend to. Have fun with my creations."

The man disappeared before the monsters ran up the stairs to attack us.

"Dammit! Looks like we need to cut a path out of here. Renegade! Call Jäger for an evac!" Thatcher shouted.

I was hesitant at first because of the overwhelming amount of monsters, but I pulled out my supernova and started blasting these monsters. They didn't put up much of a fight as me and Thatcher made our way through towards the chopper.

"Where is Hibana?" Thatcher said.

"I thought she was with me," I replied.

I heard a feminine scream coming from inside the building. Out of instinct, I decided to investigate.

I spotted her on the ground near a giant monster that was three times her size. I pull out my knife and stabbed it in the opening in its back just before it rammed into her. The monster fell to the ground. I looked at her.

"You're safe now," I said extending my hand.

She grasps my hand and we make a run for the chopper. Our nightmare was over for now.