The Bonfire Part ||

"Why do we hate vamps so much anyways?" I ask shifting uncomfortably.

Everyone was currently sitting on the logs and it was around 11:00 at night. Lyndon and Mitch now sat on either side of me with Trina and Kale across from us. They were acting a little weird though. It was like Kale was starting to avoid me or something. It was also making it weird to sit across from him, but all I could do was shake off the awkward feeling.

Anyways, we were sitting around the fire when I had asked the question circling my mind forever. It was sad that I didn't know really. I've spent all my life going along with what people said about them just because. I never actually understood our feud.

"Werewolves hated vampires since the days of the moon goddess" Jared began slowly.

"When she was living on Earth, she was too a werewolf- one of the most powerful ones, in fact. In those days believe it or not- werewolves and vamps got along. We were also the ones who got the gifts not the vampires" he continued.

"That was until something terrible happened. The Moon Goddess had an Alpha. But back then the woman was more dominant because of their ability to uphold a household" Jared finished taking a swig.

"Anyways, The Moon Goddess had an Alpha, but she wasn't in love with him. She was one of those girls who always dreamed of finding her true love and since she couldn't get it from him, she went out looking for it instead. When she did, she found a man who was-well a vampire" Mitch continued on.

"Even though she knew his secret, she still gave him everything. She gave him her heart, power, and soul-"

"Too bad the bastard didn't love her the same way" Carter interrupted glaring towards Mitch.

Mitch sighed and rolled his eyes,

"One day when they were in the woods The Moon Goddess gave him access to the packs secret headquarters. He and his army of Vamps attacked the palace and took everything. They kidnapped almost half of her pack. From woman to old people, they even took some new borns"

Mitch looked down and waited for someone else to continue on.

"Okay" Trina went on, " any-who, to get everything back, the Vampires asked for one thing in return, a sacrifice. But not just any sacrifice, we had to give up our powers to them. Everyone did except for the Moon Goddess"

"They slayed her instead"

Lyndon put his hand on my lap, "Now she is believed to live up in the sky. She made mates so that Vampires nor any other creature could play with another werewolf's heart the way that he did her"

"And, eventually Alphas were given dominance because it was said that women's feelings got in the way of things. But we never got our powers back and so that is why Werewolves hated vamps" Lyndon finished glaring towards Mitch and taking my hand.

I looked down towards our hands and slowly slipped mine out of his hold. Ignoring his frown I spoke.

"So all this happened because the Moon Goddess made one stupid mistake?"

Bruce glared towards Mitch, "no. It happened because those bloodsucking demons are some untrustworthy assholes"

I looked to Mitch who's eyes were beginning to turn a little red. He stared firmly towards Bruce and glared.

"Not. All. Of. Us" Mitch spoke through gritted teeth. His eyes were reddening even more and his fists were clenching tightly around his beer bottle.

Bruce shifted onto the log uncomfortably staring into Mitch's eyes, "Yes, all of you. I've only met three vamps in my life and none of them were very friendly. So cut the crap! Tell us why you're here. To learn our secrets? To kill us like that fealthy bastard? To try? Why!?"