Chapter Six

I apologize for such the long wait, procrastination is a bitch lmao. Anyways, thank you for 2K+ reads!! I'm surprised how quickly this fanfiction grew!

Also, make sure to check out Rqvioli's story! His writing is absolutely amazing, I highly suggest reading it if you haven't already. Some of the details in this chapter is similar to one of his scenes in his story, Boyfriend, so credits to him for a few aspects of this chapter.

Awkward car rides were always fun, especially if you had to be accompanied with the most irritating and sarcastic plastic asshole ever created. Gavin gripped the steering wheel as he peered over at Conan, who was staring out the window and avoiding eye contact. The only noise that was audible was the sound of the car's engine as it zoomed down the street and towards the destination.

"Remind me why we're going here again?" Gavin grumbled, facing forward again. He actually knew why, but just wanted to try to annoy the machine.

Conan rolled his eyes. "We are going to the home address of Jeremy Hunter. We're here to interrogate him. You seem to have an extremely inadequate memory, I have told you why we are here yesterday and reminded you this morning."

"Not everybody can remember things well, prick."

"And not everybody is able to agitate an android with high tolerance as much as you do."

"Fuck you."

"Love you too."

Gavin's grip on the wheel tightened, resisting the urge to stop the car and start punching the damn android. It wouldn't have been any use though, Conan was "faster, stronger, and more resilient" than his previous model, and though Gavin didn't want to admit it but Connor had gave him some serious injuries before.

He could only imagine what Conan could do in combat.

Five more minutes of awkward silence passed. Conan slowly glanced over at Gavin, his stormy gray eyes observing the man. "May I ask you a personal question, Detective?"

Gavin prepared himself for a potentially stupid question. "What is it?" He sighed reluctantly.

"Why do you despise androids so much, especially me in particular?"

Gavin's frown deepened. "Didn't you ask me this question before?"

"I never got a reply."

The detective sighed in exasperation, rolling his eyes. Conan watched him, expecting an answer. Gavin continued to drive on in silence before finally replying.

"I hate plastic pricks like you because of my half-brother, the fucking Kamski himself. He spent so much time working on designing fake humans and constantly ignored me." Gavin scowled. "I was always overshadowed by him and his accomplishments. I was a fucking disgrace, and though my parents never said so I could tell that was how they thought of me.

"When we were teenagers, I would offer to play baseball with Kamski. He would always refuse, saying that he was busy working on his androids. He moved out as soon as his CyberLife project was launched."