xii. the yule ball (part2)

Start from the beginning

Let alone if it was flirtatious or friendly, Aurora somehow always found a way to include herself in a conversation or start one.

It was most surely one of the reasons she was very popular in Hogwarts.

Before she could react Luke, who was previously standing beside her was now being dragged out on the dance floor by Edward and Sammy.

Nothing could beat the expression that came upon Aurora's face.

Seeing her best friend out there actually smiling made up for any bad thing she ever felt.

Seeing Luke Murphy with a smile on his face was probably enough to make anyone smile.

"Never mind. There is Dean and Seamus, I'm gonna go pop in. You two go back out there and dance." giving a quick wink to Hermione she strutted over towards the direction of the group of people.

"Oh look who it is! About time." Dean was the first to spot her as she reached the area in which him, Seamus, Neville, and Luna were dancing in.

"It takes time to perfect beauty. Aurora looking amazing as usual." Seamus accent rang through her ears.

"Thank you Seamus. You too. How was the dancing? Harry break any toes?"

Dean snickered. "Only Parvati, she's been moping around since she's arrived plus she hasn't moved from her seat in like an hour."

"You do look stunning. Thank you for the dress." Luna mentioned. She was wearing a pale green dress, which Aurora explained would go well with her pale skin and fair hair.

"Keep it. It suits you better anyway." she waved off with one hand and before Luna could even object Neville spoke.

"Professor Moody doesn't look so well."

To this Aurora grinned.

"Oh, that's because any second he should,"

A grumble erupted from Professor Moody's throat as he transformed into a large canary, after swallowing the custard cream Aurora had paid the first year to place on his seat earlier on during the night. The professors around him all gasped as they ran over trying to help the Professor as he shrunk back to his normal figure.

Professor Snape's eyes land on her smirk and loud laughter coming from the students around her, as they all gave her pats on her back.

Aurora let out a bark of laughter as she felt a hand tap her shoulder, turning around she was met with Enzo. He was wearing a black suit with a dark purple ruffled shirt underneath it. She was rather obvious to his good looks and choose not to comment on it.

"There you are. Wanna dance?"

"Saved by the bell. Catch you all later."

His left hand spun her around before she collided with his chest. She leans up pressing a short kiss to his lips.

"Smooth."

"Shut up!"

And like that the rest of the night was spent with her dancing with multiple people she didn't know, avoiding Moody and Snape, ignoring the fact she didn't see Ron or Harry anywhere and presumed they had called it a night then left.

But currently, she was wrapped up in the arms of three Hufflepuff's, who without a doubt in her mind were drunk.

Much like herself.