Chapter 6: Terrible Things

l u k e ♡

"How about her?" Bryan asked. This has to be the two hundredth time he said that. 

"No," the boys and I said in unison.

Bryan sighed for the two hundredth time today.

It's been nearly two weeks, almost the deadline for the contest and we only found three people who we're considering. 

Do you know how tired I am? I spend from the minute I wake up to the time I sleep working my ass off for this new band member and we only found three people worth considering, that's not good. We only went easy on those three because Bryan thought we were being too picky and judgmental.

We can't help but be 'picky and judgemental' this one person is going to become a part of our daily life. He/She could be the cause of more fame or failure. It's a lot of pressure.

The three people who are in consideration are two boys and one girl. They had absolutely everything we wanted... seems suspicious to me. In their 'Who I Am' it seemed like everything was scripted and copied and pasted off the internet. I don't feel like they'd get along with us. We're easy-going, care-free, and messy. There's no way in hell we'd get something put together ahead of time. I feel like the three of them are bullshitting us but because of Paul I'm going to put down being Mr. Interrogator. 

I wish we would finally just meet 'The One.'

~*~*~*~

(Two Hours Later)

"You guys are just being subjective, 'she's too perfect,' 'he seems fake.' Stop doing that, you don't have any proof." Bryan yelled at us. I wouldn't blame him we were being brats. "On the next contestant, you're going to stop being like you have for the last three thousand people and be reasonable." 

We all mumbled our 'okay's.'

I picked up the resume. The first thing I saw was the contestant's picture. She looked so innocent, she was beautiful. Her beauty was different than everyother girls.  She had no makeup on allowing me to see a few freckle across her nose, her long dark brown hair was down and her bright blue-green eyes were shining. She wasn't even trying. She was simply smiling at the camera and she looked like an angel.

When I snapped out of my thought I read out loud the basic information for everyone else. "It's a girl, her name is Sabrina Katrina Rivera and she turned seventeen this month. What's cool is she has the same birthday as me, July sixteenth. Oh, and she lives in California." I said, then Ashton takes the resume from me and starts reading out her hobbies.

Ashton started to quietly chuckle to himself. "I'm going to read exactly what she wrote, 'I like to play tennis so whenever I'm pissed off I play it because I heard playing sports help get rid of anger so I tried it. Turns out it does now it's a day to day thing because I'm an angry little girl. On my free time I either read, write stories, songs, poems or play my guitar or the piano. Or whenever it's a really nice I go out with my friends... I watch a lot of movies. I probably watched every movie you watched... That should be it. Damn, now that I wrote this all down I noticed I have pretty boring life." Ashton finisheed and we all let out a light chuckle. I like this girl so far. Now Calum took the resume and pulled out the songs she composed.

"She wrote a little paragraph so I'm going to read it." Calum assured us. "I wrote this song awhile back when my dad was really depressed for losing my mom. He went a bit crazy and thought love was a trap. He even explained to my older brother it was. It's a depressing song but it's my most precious work I've done so far.

"I feel bad for her." Michael said, sympathetically. 

"I'm just going to sing the song before I end up crying." Calum said in a shaky voice, picking up the guitar. Wow, that really got to him. If the song is anywhere near as deep and upsetting as that paragraph I wouldn't be surprised if he cried. "It's title 'Terrible Things.'"