o n e

Hermione

"Hermione wake up." I heard someone's voice as their hand shook me awake. "Mhhh," I rolled over opening my eyes slowly. As my eyes came into focus I saw blazing red hair. "We got letters from Hogwarts and we wanted to open them all together. Get ready, I'm going to wake Harry," Ginny looked over her shoulder as she left our room. Pulling myself out of the warm bed I tied my hair up. I walked downstairs yawning. "Morning," Ron stifled a yawn. "Ginny just wake you up?" He nodded. "Now we've got everyone mum," Ginny bounded down the stairs. Harry stumbled behind her dropping into the chair next to me. "Oh great dear, here we go," Mrs. Weasley handed the four of us our letters. Tearing mine open I blinked and started to read.

Dear Miss Granger,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to attend Hogwarts for one last year. You and nine others will be the only ones there. Some new rules apply.
There will be only two head girls/boys.
All ten of you will share one common room-you will all decide together which one to use.
Everything else remains the same. I'm also very pleased to tell you that you have been selected for head girl. I hope to see you at the start of term.
Your sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall

I looked up from the letter a few seconds before everyone else. "I wonder who the other people are," Ron questioned as he finished reading his letter. Just then an owl tapped on the window. Harry stood up and untied the letter from the owls leg, as it rose and took off again. "It's from Neville!" he exclaimed.

Harry, Hermione, Ron & Ginny,
I hope your all well. Luna and I got letters from Hogwarts! It's cool being one out of ten. I'm sure you all got one too. I bet head girl and boy is Harry and Hermione. Anyways I hope to see you all on the Hogwarts Express.
Best,
Neville

Harry read out loud. "So us four, Neville and Luna. That's six out of ten," I announced. Just then another owl flew through the already open window. It dropped the letter on Ron's lap, grabbed a piece of toast and flew out again. He picked it up tearing it open. His eyes flicked back and forth as he read. About a minute passed before he looked up. "Lavender got in too," he mumbled. "Well, good for you." I said curtly. He quickly looked back down at his food. "You know I love you Hermione." He said. Ginny nodded. "That makes seven of us now. By the way Hermione and Harry did you guys get head boy and girl?" "Yes." "No." Harry and I said at the same moment. "Wh-what?! I thought for sure you were going to get it," I awed at Harry. "Me too, but it's fine. Congrats by the way. You deserve it," he smiled. "I'm fine really," his smile read. Over the span of 7 years of being best friends we were pretty good at reading each other. "Yeah congratulations," Ron smiled. "I knew you'd get it Mione," Ginny grinned at me. "Thanks," I looked down at my toast blushing. "Who else do you think got in," I asked eyeing Harry. "I bet you anything," Ron's voice dropped cold. "That Malfoy got in." "Which means Pansy and Zabini would have gotten in too," Harry grimaced. "Well, I guess we have our ten people then," Ginny smiled. "I wonder who's head boy?" I thought to myself as I bit into my toast.
***
Draco

"Bye Draco, be a good boy and have a good year. I'll see you at Christmas," my mom wrapped me in a hug. I pulled away seeing the tears in her eyes. After the war things have been hard for my mom and I knew it. She left her life with my dad for me. She knew she had to keep me safe and loved-which meant away from him. "I love you mum," I mumbled as she pulled me in again. "I love you too Draco," she kissed the top of my head leading me to the door. I climbed in as the Hogwarts Express whistled smoke coming out from the top. I waved bye to my mom as we pulled away from the station. I walked the hall looking for the other nine who got in. I spotted my best friend sitting in the compartment to my left. "Blaise Zabini," I roared pulling the door open. "Draco Malfoy, boy is it good to see you." He pulled me into an embrace. "Draco," someone slurred. I looked up to see Pansy Parkinson staring at me. I nodded at her. "Hi Pansy," I heard Blaise say. My head snapped up as I looked at him. He was looking at her in a weird way. "Well I'm going to go see who else is here," I slipped out of the compartment. I walked a little longer before I heard voices traveling from a near by compartment. I looked around and saw a group of people squashed in one compartment.
***
Hermione
I sat on the floor next to Ginny. There wasn't enough seating for seven of us. Neville and Luna sat across from Harry. Lavender was next to them. Ginny was resting on Harry's legs and I was leaning on Ron's legs. I laughed as Harry said something. I looked up suddenly seeing a figure move. Ginny notices this following to where my eyes are. "Guys, it's Malfoy," she murmured under her breathe. Draco looked over at us making eye contact with me. "Maybe this year could be different." a voice in my head kept on saying. I sighed and opened the door seeing as I was closest. "Hey-I uhm, can we help you," I managed to get out as I stumbled over my words. "I-oh, no," Draco replied starting to walk away. "Do you-uhh do you have somewhere to sit?" I asked tentatively. "Well actually Pansy was eyeing me and Blaise's was eyeing her, so not anymore." He turned back his grey eyes meeting mine. "Well your welcome to sit with us, I'm sure we can make room," I laughed slightly. "Hermione what are you doing, he has so many open compartments to sit in," Harry spit out. "Yes well," I started to reply but got cut off by Draco. "No he's right, I don't want to barge into your guys compartment. Th-thanks for the offer though," he smiled a small smile as he walked away. " Bloody hell Hermione what were you thinking? That was Malfoy you know," Ron hissed. "Yes well-," I sighed looking at him. "Sit back down," Harry looked up at me. "I-I think I'm going to go for a little walk," I pushed the door open wider. I could feel Harry's eyes on the back of my head. I smiled our "I'm fine really" smile and he gave a small nod before I walked out.

A/N
I hope you guys liked the first chapter. I'm not mad about how this chapter turned out. Remember to vote either blinny or hinny, so I can keep writing. There's also a jack and jack song lyric in this chapter (if your a fan/know who they are) if you can find it I'll give you a cookie ;)