"Me too. "

"Liar. I never thought you'd be such a nerd. ", he tells me, his face focused on the book he's reading.

"Why not? Does my appearance really have anything to do with my personality?"

"No. Not really. " he eyes me, as if studying my every word.

"Good. I may be reckless but I'm not stupid. ", I get back to reading. "I'm not a blondie. "

"I feel like dying my hair just so you couldn't make IQ jokes about me. ", Ross admits and I snort quietly.

"You're special kind of blonde. "

"Isn't that prejudice as well?", Ross now looks me directly in the eyes and raises a brow.

"It's not. I know your mind. I just enjoy making jokes about you. ", my hand turns the sheets.

"Wow thank you. I totally like being a clown in this relationship. ", his eyeballs go around in an annoyed circle and Ross goes back to writing down the scripts. He said relationship...

So he figured we are in one? Or is that just a figure of speech?

I chuckle. "Don't thank me. You're just a good clown. "

"Eat. Shit. " 

Some things never change.

"Well..since nobody got me anything from the bakery.."

"You're the one who's not letting me study now. ", he complains.

"You're right. ", I close my book and take off my glasses that I only take with me at certain times and at home. Yes, I wear glasses. "Let's go get something to eat. I think I'll just pass out. Fuck. "

"Bipolar nerd. ", Ross teases and now smiles as he stands up.

We both pack our books in our bags and all the pens that were scattered across the table. Saying bye to the librarian, we exit through the wooden door and make our way down the hallway. Ross subtly tries to intertwine his fingers with mine but I push his hand away.

"You know I said no PDA. We are keeping this a secret for now.. ", I tell him.

He groans. "Nobody's here.. "

"Doesn't matter. Someone could walk in on us. You don't know who's behind the corner. ", I say as we turn left. There stands a couple of students. "See?"

"You're just paranoid. Why do we even have to hide? I don't want to. We could at least tell our friends. ", Ross pushes it for the hundreth time this week.

"Because..."

"Because what?"

Because I am extremely scared of announcing this as a real relationship.

"Just because. I want things to go smoothly between us. I don't want people finding out and getting involved just yet. Do you understand?", I ask him while staring into his eyes.

"Practically because you're a chicken. Too afraid to confess the truth. "

"I'm not a chicken, you jerk. ", I push his shoulder with mine and he slightly stumbles to the left.

"You are. ", he pays me back and I lose my balance for a second too.

We continue pushing each other like little kids and stumble upon Ross' dorm room. Both our ears have turned into space satelites as the noise from inside awakens our curiousity. Ross and I listen to it a little better.

Skin slamming. Shit.

"Ethan is getting it good. ", I whisper to the Blondie next to me.

"Great. Now I can't leave my bag here. ", Ross' quiet statement makes me snicker.

That's when we hear his voice saying the most unexpected word. Our eyes widen but Ross is the one who is shocked more.

"Lydia." was the unexpected word and the prohibited name on my good list. The gasp fell from his mouth as he said it and Ross covered his mouth in surprise.

He turned to me. "I just heard him say Lydia. Did you hear it too?!"

We both back away from the door and stare at each other not saying anything. I just nod to let him know that it was true.

"What the actual.. What?", Ross runs a hand through his hair. "How can the two of them be fucking? What's the meaning of this?"

I shake my head and that's when a certain girl comes to mind. I look down. Dark aura filling up my existence.

"I don't know. "

"Wait..what about Lexi?", Ross stammers. "Why aren't you freaking out like me?!"

My pupils minimize and I let out a sigh of assurance. A small smile tugs on my lips and I breathe heavily.

"How pathetic. ", I begin walking away. Ross follows my lead. "I'm not surprised because people cheat all the fucking time. "

I am now super scared of liking Ross. What if I end up hurt in all this? I've never liked anyone and I don't really need to experience listening to breakup songs.

Only if we could know what's written on the upcoming pages of the book, but we, fortunately, don't. We keep living through the page before our eyes.

°°°°°°°°°°°

Oh. A little bit of mystery.

What do you think Laura meant? :3

Leave me a vote and a comment please! For the future pages of this book haha <3