8- Introduced

8- Kidnapped by Vampires? But it's My Time of the Month!

-----------------------------------L

My eyelids start to droop and I feel as if I haven't slept in days. I must have sat there against the door for hours. The tears stopped a little while ago. I seriously don't think I can cry anymore. The house has become totally quiet.

"I wonder what happened to them. Daniel must be ticked. I can't believe I told him I hated him." I mumble to myself.

A knock at the door I'm sitting against jars me from my thoughts.

"Lilly?" the voice asks. "Lilly, can I come in?"

"Go away Daniel." I say to the door.

"Lilly, it's Dylan."

Who the hell is Dylan? Very carefully I get up from the ground on shaky knees and open the door just a crack.

"Who?" I ask the shadow in the hallway outside my door.

"Hi Lilly, we haven't really met yet, but I'm Dylan," the shadow tells me with a smile in his voice.

I open the door confused as to whom it could be and what I find makes my heart flutter in my chest. My stomach does a little flip-flop and I gulp loudly. The man's deep green eyes meet mine and his beautiful lips turn up in a smile. I give out an involuntary gasp causing him to smile even more. I'm at a loss. This guy is, for lack of a better word, hot. There seems to be quite a bit of that going on around here. He's tall. He's dark. And boy is he handsome.

I hear a throat clear and realize I've been staring. I snap out of my fantasy. My cheeks become hot and my eyes jump back up to his which turns out to be a mistake. But something about his face makes me think I've seen him before. Oh yeah, I know.

"You're one of the guys who chased me!" I burst out, making him jump a little. He regains his composure right away, smiles again, and quickly explains.

"I was only trying to stop Derrick from well...being Derrick. That's when you ran off and he started chasing you. Daniel told me to keep him away from you then..." he trails off. His face becomes stony as he remembers something.

"That's when David caught you," he says through clenched teeth.

"Oh yeah... David." The memory of him makes me smile remembering his arms around me, then I look back up to Dylan. Note: Don't talk about David around Dylan.

"So...Um...You came up here for...?" I ask, trying to change the topic to a less awkward one.

"Oh yeah, sorry," he replies, his face returning to normal. "I came up here to ask you if you wanted to take a walk around outside."

I'd like to go many places with this man but I guess a walk will have to do for now.

"Um, yeah sure. I haven't really been anywhere in the house yet. Maybe going somewhere will do me some good," I say.

I need to get my mind off things and this is a good way to do it.

"Great," he replies with that perfect smile of his.

His chestnut colored hair falls down into his eyes a bit and he pushes it back out of his face. I momentarily lose my composure. I tell him to hold on a second and shakily shut my door. Walking to the closet situated at the back of the room, I go in. I look to my left and see some dresses. Reaching up to look for the one I want, I spot a white maxi dress and instantly know it's the one I'm wearing.

"There, now to fix the hair."

I walk over to the bathroom and look in the mirror to stare at a face that I don't recognize. The girl's hair is matted against one side and her eyes are swollen. Dark circles have appeared under her eyes making it look like she hasn't slept in days.

So this is what Dylan had to look at. Stripping out of my clothes, I hop in the huge shower and wash my hair and body. After I'm done I find a dryer under the sink and get to it. Soon my hair is dry and hangs down my back in golden waves. I pin my bangs back and wash my face in the cool water that comes out of the faucet. Looking around, I pick up some makeup to the side of the counter. When I'm done, I look at the full-length mirror in my bedroom. The dress that I have on fits me perfectly and I finally feel a little bit better. At least my brother was good for one thing. I put on some sandals and see Dylan leaning against the wall when I step outside my room.

"May I say you look very beautiful this evening Lilly?" he smiles gently.

I look up into those eyes that keep me hostage and I merely nod back at him weakly. I've really got to stop looking into his eyes. He interrupts my thought by holding out the crook of his arm like some kind of country gentleman and I slide my arm through his happily.

We walk through the quiet house and I notice how big it really is. While I'm staring at my surroundings I feel someone looking at me. Glancing up, I see Dylan's eyes on me with an expression that I can't decipher. He blinks and quickly smiles curiously and looks down. My breath hitches in my throat for a second.

The moment is ruined when I see my brother waiting for us at the bottom of the steps. He has an expression I can decipher: anger. Not necessarily at me. His eyes lay on Dylan and goose bumps form on my arms from how cold his face looks. I look up to see Dylan's reaction and what I find is surprising. He's smiling at Daniel. These men really confuse me. I stop where I am in the middle of the stairs and stare down at Daniel with an expression that I hope is intimidating. But to no avail, when he does look at me his face softens and he allows his lips to lift in what could be a smile. I hold on to Dylan's arm tighter and show Daniel that I haven't forgiven him for anything. His eyes flicker down to our interlocked arms and whatever somewhat nice expression he had on his face slowly fades away.

"Dylan, let go of Lilly." His voice is as cold as the expression on his face.

"Dan-

I cut Dylan off from saying anything. "You can't decide what I can and cannot do. Now please move. My business is with Dylan and not you, brother." I say, with no emotion in my voice.

I pull Dylan along with me, now holding onto his hand. We brush past Daniel and I feel Dylan relax. Since I don't know where I'm going I let Dylan lead us. We reach two double glass doors and I can feel the sunlight's warmth from them on my face. The glare is too strong on the glass for me to be able to see anything yet. Dylan pushes open both of the doors while I'm standing behind him and he turns around. The sunlight shines around his figure and I smile into his face that is now obscure because of the late afternoon sun shining in my eyes. That's when he reaches out for my hand and pulls me into the open. My eyes slowly adjust to the light and what I see makes me suck in my breath. Colors from every direction attack my eyes with their beauty. My shocked expression causes Dylan's face to soften. He smiles and we stand there holding hands, drinking in the afternoon sun and letting time feel as if it's at a stand still. For the first time in days, I am truly happy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------