Chapter 1

I waited tables at WIlly Joe's in Mullingar, Ireland. It's a cafe that serves all three meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. They also had a menu for snacks, which are delicious.

My dad brought me here since I was a baby, he tells me. I only remember from when I was 4 and up. I had decided I would work here when I was 12. I loved the place so much. The customers and my co-workers were as sweet as pie could ever be.

I get paid a fairly good amount. Just about 8 dollars a hour, for 6 hours, plus tips. I work everyday, except Sunday, from 4 to 10. It gives me a hour after school lets out to wash up and do some homework, which I don't get much of, because I usually finish most or all of it during my study period.

When I have free time, I get on my Tumblr. It's a site where you can blog about anything you want. I just so happpen to blog about a boy band called One Direction. It's these five boys who each tried out for X Factor as solo artists. They didn't make it through bootcamp. The judges decided that these boys, whose names are Harry, Liam, Niall, Zayn, and Louis, were too good to let go, but not good enough to continue as solos. So basically, they put the boys together, and they made it all through the show and finished in 3rd place. I forgot to mention they are all really fit guys. I also forgot to mention one of them lives in this town. Niall Horan, The boy with blue eyes.

I've seen him around before, but I've always been to shy to say anything to him. I was told he has eaten here alot, but it just so happens to be when I'm not on my shift. My co-workers know I like One Direction, so they always tell me everything about when he comes, which is kind of awkward because I'm the youngest person who works here. My co-workers are in their 30s-60s. So you know, it's weird having a gray-haired person come and tell you about him. Oh well, they are all sweet, so at least someone tells me.

On a chilly Saturday, I was the only person working over time, until about midnight. I still had 1 hour and 30 minutes until I had to shut down. I was watching the clock tick when I heard the bell ring at the front door. I looked up. It was him. Niall Horan, the boy with blue eyes, was standing in front of me, with a cheeky smile on his face.

"Um, may I help you?" I smiled. Wow, he looked so amazing this close.

"Uh, yeah. I'd like two donuts and a mug of coffee," He said.

I went to the back and heated up two donuts. I brought them up front and sat them on the counter. I poured one mug of coffee. When I looked up, he was watching me and smiling. I blushed.

"Here's your coffee," I said. I started to turn around when he said something.

"Would you like to sit with me?" he asked.

"Sure," I replied. I picked up my mug of coffee and followed him to a booth in the corner. I sat down across from him and took a sip from my mug.

I watched in awe as he devoured the first donut. He looked at me.

"Want it?" He held up the remaining donut. I shook my head no.

"Do you know who I am?" He asked.

"Yeah, Niall Horan from One DIrection," I said softly. He smiled.

"You a fan?" He questioned.

"I blog about you guys on Tumblr. I love you guys. You have really inspirational music. Oh sorry, I shouldn't have said anything about my Tumblr," I rambled.

"Well, I think Tumblr girls are hot,"

I blushed. Did he just call me hot? No, he was talking about Tumblr girls in general.

" Wanna play 10 questions?" He asked.

"Sure," I replied.

"What's your name?"

"Shelby Devlin,"

"Age?"

"16,"

"Favorite color?"

"Purple,"

"Favorite artist?"

"Group would be you and your buds, solo artist would be either Cher Lloyd or Ed Sheeran,"

"Favorite song from us?"

"Moments or Taken,"

"Right or left handed?"

"Right,"

"Ever kissed a guy?"

"No,"

"What do you want to be when you're older?"

"Happy, job-wise would be a teacher,"

"Favorite food?"

"Pizza,"

"Whose your favorite from the band?"

"I don't have one," I finished off the last question. It was probably the most intense questioning I've ever been through.

I looked at the clock. It was 5 til 12. Time had flown.

"Well, I have to get to closing this place up," I said.

"How much do I owe?" Niall asked.

"It's on the house," I said. I wasn't going to make him pay.

He dropped 20 pounds on the table. "Take that as a tip."

He started walking toward the door. Then he stopped.

"Nice meeting you, Shelby," he grinned.

"Nice meeting you too, Niall," I smiled.

He walked out of the door. I began cleaning up the table. I stuffed a dirty napkin in my pocket while I wiped down the table. I went in the back and put everything up. I locked up the place and got in my car.

When I made it home, I went upstairs to my room. I peeled off my clothes and threw them in my hamper. I got in the shower. I let the warm water trickle down my body. WHile shampooing my hair, I realized I left the napkin in my pant's pocket.

I dressed in a oversized tee. I left my hair wet to air dry. I got my pants out of the hamper. I pulled the napkin out of them. As I walked to my bathroom trash can, I flattened out the napkin. I looked at it and smiled.

Seven digits were scrawled across it.