| 15 |

2nd POV

"What an interesting turn of events right at the start! Kurosaki Haru and Semi Yuzuru have taken the lead after displaying such strength!!"

The both of you were immersed by the growing darkness of the tunnel, remaining hot on Haru's heels amidst the ebony black that licked the concrete walls, the sole sound being the chugging of Hori's engines and the piercing whistle of the brisk wind caused by Haru. The ecstatic cheers of the crowd were already drowned, a plethora of thoughts stacking up like books in your head.

You could feel the mild heat warming your skin, contemplating your plan for the rest of the course. The metallic clasp was tight and restricting, rendering you with little hope with your Quirk; at that sour reminder, you bawled your fists in frustration, mulling over your choices. It was a matter of time before lustrous light rays basked your forms, the neon-sky above threaded with silver as Hori guided you out of the tunnel.

"[Surname]-san, are you alright? You've been quiet for a while now," she queried in concern, inclining her gaze to the front.

"I'm... thinking," you replied in a hushed whisper.

"Are you still thinking about your Quirk? Don't worry! You'll eventually come up with something, it'll hit you like a ton of bricks!"

"That doesn't sound pleasant," you deadpanned.

"Haha, well, reality hurts!" Hori chuckled, only to gasp in shock. "Uh-oh, I think we have a problem."

You quirked a brow. "What do you-"

A blizzard of bleach-white snow surged forward, encasing the ground with a thick layer of ice in splitting seconds.

A squall of crispy air smacked your face, whipping your [h/c] into the air, and you peered down below, watching the ice chase after Hori's feet. It slithered across the ground like a predatory snake, travelling along the faults in the ground with speed. Hori huffed, arching her body as she cut straight into a corner with a daring leap, scarcely evading the ice.

"Someone sure doesn't want us ahead," she piped.

A feminine battle-cry reverberated, a multitude of screeches obliterating the silence that lingered for too long. A silver-haired female slid onto the ice with ease, raising the materialised ice slightly upwards into an elevated ramp before slipping right off, a certain someone's shockwaves enabling the maiden to float in mid-air.

Nejire cried merrily, pointing an accusing finger toward you. "Don't forget about me, [Name]-chan! I'm the one who's going to win first place! Let's go Reina-chan!"

A wave of students flooded the exit of the tunnel, and upon Reina and Nejire's descent, the silver-haired girl's fingertips swept across the soil, commanding the ice to freeze the feet of the rest. But not everyone fell for her little trick.

Mirio bolted forward with an expeditious leap, sliding across the ice with a mighty, hearty laugh and a terrified partner. Kenji and Tamaki followed suit, Tamaki's bird talons breaking the ice as he padded away after those who escaped the trap. nervous beads of sweat trickling down his paled face.

"Looks like Nobuyuki's ice was not enough to stop their fiery souls! A total of thirty-two pairs have made it past the tunnel! But will this number decrease?! Let's find out with the obstacles up ahead!"

'This is bad, really bad,' you mused, creasing your brows. 'At this rate they'll catch up with us.'

"Hold up, [Surname]-san!" Hori hollered. "This is no time for thinking. We gotta act fast!"