Afterword

Hello!

I just wanted to take this time to say a massive thank you to everyone who made it this far. I don't know what you thought of the story but I hope you enjoyed it.

This story was based off a prompt I found on Instagram (the account is called writing.prompt.s if you want to go check it out). I changed quite a few parts of it but it was still the basis of this story and I figured I should probably give credit for it.

The original prompt was:

You are a reclusive billionaire who has recently faked your own death in response to an assassination attempt and used your second chance at life to fulfil your lifelong dream of becoming a private detective. However, you find yourself in an awkward situation when you are hired to investigate the circumstances of your own demise – and your employer is the one who tried to have you killed in the first place...

I've really enjoyed writing these characters. I spent about a week before the Wattys deadline frantically writing this story because I knew I wanted to enter this year. I don't make anything easy for myself lol.

These characters have become so real to me in so many ways and there were several times I was actually tearing up while reading my own writing. I love both Alfie and Jacob as though they were my children (in an odd sort of way) so I hope you like them and their story as much as I do.

Originally, I wrote a much sadder epilogue (though... depending on how you think about it perhaps it was kinder?) for this story but, after writing chapters 7 and 8, I realised I couldn't bear to do that to my children. That being said, if anyone is interested in the alternate epilogue, I am more than happy to post it.

I am currently writing an accompaniment to this story from Jacob's POV for anyone who's interested. I'm hoping I'll be able to go into a lot more of the backstory that I wasn't able to put in AMISI in this story but, other than that, it'll be pretty much the same story so keep an eye out for that!

Thank you again for reading this story. If you ever want to come and scream with me about these ridiculous children and their antics, feel free to drop me a message!

This note is a bit of a mess and I apologise for that but thank you again.