Chapter 16 : Filthy

Start from the beginning

Lady's group entered the temple and went to the safe zone inside the ruined place but a beast appeared and brought the lady into a huge hole. Fortunately, lady's strength isn't something ordinary that we didn't worry what that beast will do to her.

But, we were about to follow the group down into the hole when brother and I glanced at each other and listened to the ongoing chaos below.

"Yuveen, the white fox is wailing!"

"When I landed, it already started doing that... and Felice is nowhere."

"Woooo...! Woo...!"

"Look around! She may be somewhere!"

They had searched the entire floor that has nothing but walls and a small chamber at the end of the hall.

I also felt a strange magical presence around aside the usual magic fluctuating here.

"Brother, I can sense a false space."

"Oh, so it is really a false space!"

I gave a despondent look at my dumb brother. No wonder the master never gave him solo missions lest he will gain loss.

Temporarily ignoring my dumb brother, I jumped down in surprise of the trio who are still trying to trace any of the lady's presence in this empty floor.

"Who are you!?"

My brother followed down with me and before he could say whatever he wanted, I opened my mouth to speak first.

"We are Lady Syl... Felice's hidden guards. The lady didn't know we were shadowing her. Right now, we want to find the lady as a priority."

They look reluctant and doubtful.

"Woo.."

A furry white fox encircled me before sitting properly and squeaked a "woo.." at the adventurers.

Even the white fox is on our side, so the three had no choice but to cooperate with us.

After giving them a slight explanation of the false space, I summoned my weapon, a metal fan with a feather design.

A false space is just an empty dimension that was created from an illusion. The magic power here is very strong, thus the fluctuating magic is in disorder causing a random false space to to appear here.

Coincidentally, my relic is for this kind of purposes. Dimensions.

Creating a force to pierce through the false space in consecutive manner, I finally managed to open it with a huge crack.

A familiar presence is inside the false space that made brother and I to instantly leaped inside the crack.

As expected, it really is that person.

Remembering what unknown purpose this person has for appearing in front of the lady, we immediately abandoned chasing him and pretended that we could've catch up to him.

This is important. We have received to make it the utmost priority to make sure Lady Sylvina is safe and uninvolved in this matter. So I had to make sensible reasons without directly lying to the lady.

We finally got out from the false space.

The trio surrounded the lady who stayed silent and rubbed the white fox's head when it jumped into her embrace.

A few minutes later, she managed to get out of her thoughts and wryly smiled at us to say she is fine.

In my opinion, the lady is out of her normal self and flinched in every small contact she had when entering that chamber full of mythril stones.