Chapter 16 : Filthy

What is happening?

... is the question that formed in mind.

What did that guy mean by regaining his body? Lowly humans? Eh? Wedding!?

I have kept my self to be fiance free and he's dropping a bomb that we will marry!?

Waa..! I don't have a scary fiance like you!

My mind is in chaos but my external self looks calm.

I silently watch the siblings bicker at each other, waiting for them to finish.

"You declare to not let him escape yet he perfectly disappeared. Such an embarrassment."

"Gah- you should've help me! Even with a relic to fight him, I can't still defeat that guy, okay! Why do you think we were paired together? Isn't it because we are a team!? Aaagh..! Now, we have to trail him back again... ugh, I don't want to.. I wanna go back to my bed."

"Noisy."

The girl despondently looked away from her brother and bowed to me.

"Lady Sylvina, I am Claire and this is my brother, London. We apologized for such an unpleasant first meeting. But we want you to relax that we are not enemies."

Claire respectfully bowed to me while London did too.

"You know me?"

"Yes. We are servants from the Williams household."

Ugh, Williams household... That's Ruis' family home, isn't it?

I know they had a reason why they are here and know that it must be that mission they are saying, but... I am really confused right now.

Noticing my eager stare, the calm Claire only sighed in distress so I smiled at her knowing that she wanted to keep the reason away from me.

"We may not able to say it in details, all the lady could know is that we are tasked to capture that person. Seeing you and him inside a false space created from the magical power flowing out in the ruins, we came in to rescue you."

"A false space?"

"My lady could interpret it as a different dimension made with illusion."

I see, so we were indeed inside a different dimension. No wonder I am locked out from the outside world.

Cracking sounds loudly echoed as falling debris opened up the space.

"The space is disappearing." Claire said.

The space cracked into larger part completely tearing the small pond scenery. In an instant, the surroundings returned back into that dark floor which I fell off to.

I was silently deep into my thoughts that I didn't notice how everyone is calling me.

We were following Lady Sylvina all the way from the moment we saw her at the street this morning.

My brother and I were tasked to trace a certain person, but knowing that the lady is going to that dangerous ruins. We had to keep her safe after sending a message to the young master.