Chapter 14 : Delphi Ruins

A/N: Some may get confuse... so, please do read with comprehension.

******

Dropping the cloth on the table, I observed the silver sword from the handle to its pointed tips. This sword has been with me for a decade and has experienced a lot of ups and downs in life during my youthful days.

Sigh..

Am I too old to be what I was before?

A boy who dreams to explore the world with a sword in hand, full of vigour and youth.

Sigh..

I'm already a married man with a wife and daughter. To think I still have those inside my head..

I have a family to protect and stay healthy to support. I won't go back to those days full of impulsiveness and risks.

At the thought of my wife and daughter, I smiled.

They are the happiness and light of my life.

"Yuveen."

Looking behind, I saw my wife.

"Yuveen, Hanalette is going to be fine with your brother's home. We'll only be gone for a few days. So, don't worry too much."

Hearing her say that made me worry more about her. I know that she's the one who is more worried about our daughter. I smiled and lightly hugged her.

"I know.. This time, it's just an escort quest. It won't be that dangerous."

"But... it's Delphi Ruins.."

"Sigh.. Don't worry about it too much. The guildmaster won't assign us if it's a quest that doesn't qualify us. It will definitely be okay."

"I guess so.."

With that, we went to the guild.

I know why my wife is worried about going to a dangerous place like the Delphi Ruins. It is where we lost our comrades and friends, left with nothing but memories.

I also had a critical injury that time while my wife almost had a miscarriage in her first month of carrying Hanalette. Because of that Hanalette's constitution since she was born has been bad. All in all, it is not a place we would love to go back.

But, the fee for this escort quest... With all that gold, we would be able to  pay for Hanalette's medical fees and hire a skilled physician.

It's a risk, but Hanalette's health is at stake.

We arrived at the guild and met with Lydia, a receptionist and in charge for the quest we took.

She was bitterly smiling when we approach her.

"Good morning. Jack is already here. We just have to wait a while for the client to arrive."

"Thanks."

My wife, Mandy, curiously ask Lydia about her somewhat sad atmosphere today. Usually, Lydia is very cheerful and full of energy.

Lydia only smiled bitterly again and said that it was nothing.

Mandy and I look at each other before shrugging.

We met up with Jack and discuss about what we needed for the escort. Later, a pretty young girl silently entered the hall.

Although she didn't do anything and just went straight towards the counter. All eyes in the hall are watching her, stopping what we were all doing.

Two things made us drop our jaw open.

First, her clothes are what travelers usually wears and one look you will say she's just a traveler but her pretty face tells different. That demure and aura... one could say she's a noble.