Down The Rabbit Hole and Into the Looking Glass?

Another couple of days went by and I knew that I was going to give Castillo a response soon, I'd had another talk with my parents since then an assured them that everything was going alright and that I had needed to just get away for a little bit, as for now my evening is filled with getting ready for my serving position, luckily enough for me my waiting experience had done me some good.

"Is this all really necessary?"

Her look of concentration falters for a moment and the brush covering her hand holding the brush that is gently swiping eyeshadow onto my eye lids. "Yes."

I let out a tiny sigh with a small smile.

Over the past few days, Alex and I became something that could be called friends, it was honestly nice to have someone normal to talk to inside of this organization of sorts. She was bright and bubbly and I learned that she also had a day job outside of working her nights here as one of the managers, she also was saving up to go and continue college.

"Left or right?" She suddenly says.

"Left?" I say unsure.

She nods. "I'm going to put a contact into your eye."

"Won't that look a little odd?"

"I think it'll be a good odd. Besides, since you still have a chance of leading a normal life outside of the organization. It's better if you have some way of concealing you at least a little without the use of a physical mask."

We stare at each other silently for a moment longer, before I nod. "Go ahead."

She smiles and instructs me to hold my eye open as she gently places the lends in with the end of a wet Q-tip. I blink a couple of times to get the lends to adjust, Alex looks back at me with a smile nodding as she picks up the mirror and shows it to me.

I'm surprised to find that I like the way that the colored lends looks in the eye, the gray is darkened a lot more than I thought due to the normal color of my eyes.

"Cool right?"

I nod giving her a small smile.

"The finishing touch!" In her hands are a thinned framed pair of glasses, they're circular were the lends go.

I give a questioning look.

"It's just the frames, see?" She takes them in her hands, poking her finger through where glass would normally sit, before they make their way back to my hands.

I rest them on my face.

"Oh those are cute; you should keep them." She gives a thumbs up, going over and doing one last check of herself, placing the white fabric around her neck, tonight her hair had been brushed and slicked up into a Mohawk type style, each of the individual curls on top defined.