"Big girls cry when their hearts are breaking."

Today was weird. Like not odd, just terrible. A kid threw a crumpled up paper at Kali's head in geometry class. And people kept glaring at her and they looked pretty disgusted. Someone mouthed a word at her she shouldn't say aloud. Overall, everything today sucks.

She had just poured her heart out into a text to the girl she liked. She found out Lynn liked her back pretty recently. She was so pretty, and always called her Kali not Kalila. Plus she was always fun to talk to.

"Kali" My friend Lizzy called. I walked over to her and she met me in the middle and hugged me.

"Why is everyone acting weird?" Kali asked.

"Oh, um...You don't know?"She shook her head "Well, Lynn told the school about your text to her last night. I'm so sorry, Kali. I'll tell the principal on her, she'll get like, suspended or something!"

Kali was close to tears. Rage burned up in her. "Lynn, ratted me out?" She choked. Her breath was shaky. She turned away from her friend and walked.

Lynn ran up to her "Kali! I'm so sorry I didn't want it to go this far, I-"

"Shut up! All you do is lie and I'm sick of your Bull!" The other students in the hallway were staring at her. She stood up straight.
"Go to hell." She pivoted on her heel and people got out of the way for her.

Rumors spread. People stared. She just pretended not to care till she changed schools.

¤¤¤

"I love play rehearsal, because it's the best! Because it is fun

"I love play rehearsal, because it's the best! Because it is fun."

"And now, for the wonderful, the amazing, Nicky!" A gap-toothed Nicky stepped onto his stage. Or a table, but today he was performing Aladdin. He loved that movie so much. And he loved musical theater even more.

"One jump, ahead of the strong man, that's all, and that's no joke, these guys, don't appreciate I'm broke!"

He sung for awhile, and even had a stuffed monkey as Aboo and a teacup as the lamp. The best part however was the smiles he put on his family's faces. When he finished his parents clapped and his brother cheered. He ran into their arms and smiled broadly.

"I think, this calls for chocolate chip cookies, I bought some batter yesterday. What do you think Nicky?" His mom asked as his dad laughed. Nicky's face lit up.

"I call first cookie!" Nicky's brother said running into the kitchen.

"Hey!" Nicky responded. He followed him and pushed him playfully so he could get to the cookie dough in the fridge. They rolled them up into balls and put them on a tray. Once they were in the oven, Nicky asked;

"What should we do while it's baking?"

"Tag! Your it!" His brother wasted no time after saying that and ran outside. Nicky ran after him and they played till the cookies were ready. His parents watched and silently agreed that adopting them was one of the best ideas they had ever had.