n i n e

Clarke felt her hand swell with a sensation of comfort and warmth, which radiated from her other half's , and as their fingers interlocked, Clarke couldn't help but smile. The pair were prepared for battle, and even when Lexa was providing her 'commanders speech', she still ensured that Clarke was right beside her.

"This will not stand. They've taken our people, our friends and family, our home. It is not only my job, but yours too, to provide a secure environment for those we love." Lexa stopped, taking her gaze towards Clarke with a soft expression, and continued. "The mountain will be avenged, and together - with this alliance which I am ever so grateful for - we will get out people back. To war!"

Clarke loves her, my god she loves her, and she cannot help but to admire her person who stands so gracefully beside her. She is painted in the most florescent colors. The pallet God used to create her literally made society shed a tear. When she smiles, rays of colors from every end of the spectrum go running in all directions, looking for an untouched canvas on which to leave a mark. With a simple brush of the arm, one could be left with an unmistakable smear of chartreuse. Instead of being the subject of her art, she became it. She doesn't need a paintbrush, for she uses her own fingertips to draw the colors of life. When dawn was on the horizon, she stood and awaited the sunrise to radiate off of her and project to the world.

They were so in love.

"How do you manage to remain so calm?" Clarke questioned, watching as Lexa shifted against the tree.

They had been spending more and more time with each other as the weeks passed by, and each time, saying goodbye was a little harder. Each time, they fell a little more in love.

She shrugged, a small smirk reaching her lips, "I don't know, but I think practice has a lot to do with it," she says with the shake of a head and a smile. "She's harmless, really."

Clarke scoffed.

She knew she was being ridiculous. But she didn't care. Lexa was her love. Hers. And the thought of someone else having her surfaced emotions she didn't even know she had, but they were there, and brought to life by no other than Costia Greene. Lexa's girlfriend.

"Clarke," Lexa's soft voice whispered, taking her away from her thoughts, "It bothers you."

It wasn't a question. Lexa always knew what Clarke was thinking, and Clarke was a fool to think that this could have changed.

"Yes," she replied, "it bothers me that you're with her."

"What else do you suggest I do?" she sighed, but Clarke just shrugged and looked away.

Be with me.

Leaning back against tree, Lexa watched carefully as Clarke began to stress a little more with each passing second, and helplessly stood back watching without being able to comfort her. Her arms itched to wrap around her, to hold her close. But she couldn't.

Minutes passed, yet neither one bothered speaking, because neither one knew what to say.

"Clarke?"

Clarke returned her gaze, and smiled encouragingly.

"We need to talk."

"About?"

Lexa settled more comfortably in place. "Everything." She quietened, her face flushing when looking down into her lap, "and us. We need to talk about us."