o n e

— • ❃ • —

Clarke's eyes brimmed with tears as the light crept through the gaps, illuminating her most desired hello, yet dimming her hardest goodbye. Soft wisps of elegantly touched hair caressed her ear and fell gently against her neck. Gently against those solicitous, beautiful eyes. Eyes that were strong enough to melt even the hardest of exteriors. Those forestry touched eyes were rimmed with long, dark lashes that brushed against her cheek every time that she closed her eyes. Every glance, every stare seemed to cause Clarke to lose herself a little more each time. Suffering, loneliness, longing, desire; her eyes held all of those emotions that danced like the sunbeams flickering against her brightly sparked expression.

Sauntering gently towards Clarke's stunned expression, every emotion felt was passed through the stilled air between them. Every breath was felt against the opposites cheek. Every separate glance told another story. Another emotion. It was in this moment that Clarke knew. She knew the truth. This one girl stood before her eyes was the only person to make her world spin. The only person to make her heart beat. The only person to make everything that mattered disappear into the catastrophic world surrounding them. Clarke knew.

This Love Was Infinite

Clarke blinks awake, head pounding and breath staggering. She wipes her eyes, feeling dried wetness that she must have cried in her sleep, and rests her forehead against the cab window.

She watches in fascination as the city lights blur past in a hurry, red to blue to white to green to yellow, and slightly parts her mouth at the beauty that surrounds her. This, this is all new to Clarke: bustles of people in frantic hurries to cross the roads, skyscrapers gently brushing the stomach of clouds, the beeps, the drums, the music, the drills, there's truly no place like New York City.

As she releases a trembling breath, the window drowns in water whilst being concealed by the cold blanket of winters touch. Clarke always loved winter.

The images are still fresh in her mind; not completely visible, but not completely gone. Just there. Although they are still painful to resurface, the colour green reminds her a little more each time that she never wants to wake up. Her painted dreams feel infinite. Almost infinite. It could have been infinite.

The touch of icy skin gliding against Clarke's knuckles brings her back to reality, suddenly striking her that she isn't alone. She never felt these emotions. At least not in this world. Not in this life.

"Hey" she sighs, glancing back towards the cascading buildings at the far side of the city.

"Hey," Finn smiles, his voice still glowing with excitement. He wraps his arm gently around Clarke's torso, pulling her in for a warm embrace that she can't seem to relax into, not now, not with those dreamt colours still sauntering around in her head. Whispering, he glides his hand over her wet cheek, reminding Clarke that she had in fact been crying over the same, painful subject. "Same nightmare?"

"Yeah," she replies, "sorry."

"It's okay," he attempts to comfort her, rubbing her cheek in countless strides as his fingers send harsh stabs across her face, unintentionally bringing winter towards the warm comfort of the cab. Clarke does her best not to squirm away from the feeling, but it doesn't feel right, or comforting, it just feels bland. She is still consumed by the dream that she has been fighting off for so long. "We're almost here."

When he shuffles back towards his window, Clarke releases a huge sigh of relief, tightly gripping either knee as her legs shake violently against the vibration of the wheels. Slamming her eyes shut, she restricts long and powerful tears from erupting, gently pursing her lips as she bites her chipped bottom lip.