Chapter 19

I won't be updating much because I have band camp and that takes up most of my day. Sorry

*~*~*~*~*

At first don't talk, I didn't respond to his 'hey', I just kinda looked at him. I guess it looks kinda weird, I'm just staring. Well, he looks down, then he makes a face. "How are you confident showing what I did to you off?" he asks, running his fingers over the multiple scars.

"It's not really confidence. I just hate long sleeves because I've had to hide behind them for years. I figure that these people will never see me again, so they can judge me all they want." He nods, his fingers still running over the scars. He doesn't make a move to talk, but he does look like he's about to cry, and I don't want that, this date is supposed to be light, nothing complicated involved.

I can feel goosebumps rising where he drags his fingers, it sends shivers through my body, but I don't make him stop because I know I'd just miss his touch.

"I wish I thought like you Frank," Gerard sighs, stopping the movements and just letting his hand rest on my forearm. "I wish I could just decide that people judging me is okay and that it doesn't matter. I always worry about everyone else's thoughts about me that I can't even control my own mind."

I see a few tears fall down his cheeks, so I catch them with my thumbs, wiping them and a few oncoming tears away. "I guess my thing is is that I only care enough to pay attention to what my friends and family think of me."

The room darkens, but I keep my hands on Gerard's cheeks. "Really?" he asks.

I pull his head towards me and place a light kiss on his forehead, "Yep."

After that, we both turn to face the screen, watching how everything plays out even though we already know what's going to happen.

We whispered jokes about the movie to each other throughout the whole thing. We called the actors and actresses all sorts of names from the stupid stunts they pull. Some people told us to shut up, but that didn't happen. My date plans don't have 'quietly watch a movie' written on them, thanks.

We walk out laughing, repeating each other's best jokes.

"Stupid slut, you are not a fucking cat, get with the program," I laugh, almost tripping over the edge of the trash can.

We both laugh all the way to my car, and even harder when we get in. "I bet we pissed so many people off," Gerard says, grabbing his jacket and putting it in his lap.

"I don't even care, this is one of the best nights ever," I tell him, still laughing. I manage to get the key in the ignition and get it started. I drive around, trying to find a park. 

I drive around, turning randomly and surprisingly, I actually find one. I park next to the curb and grab the jacket I always have stored in the backseat, "Lets go."

Gerard follows my lead, putting his jacket on. "So, we're at a park? Why?"

"Just to walk around, swing, I don't know. I figured we could just hang around here and get to know each other," I say. I grab his wrist and drag him to the swings.

"Okay," he says, sitting on a swing, "what do you want to know?"

"Just start telling me things about yourself and I'll ask what you didn't cover," I say, sitting on the swing next to his.

"Um, okay. I love to draw. I'm thoroughly obsessed with comics, and I sing sometimes. I don't like to leave my room because I don't like most people. My middle name is Arthur. Um, this is isn't my natural hair color, that's brown, not black. My birthday is April ninth. And no, I don't think you come off as a bad person, just incase you wanted to know," he laughs a little and pushes his swing back and forth with his feet, thinking. "I love cats. Um, I can't think of anything else with any importance, so tell me about yourself and then we'll ask questions."