Chapter 8

I wiped the sweat from my forehead as I looked at the progress that I had made. Nearly half of the garden had been weeded out and seeded. Looking around, I pursed my swollen lips.

I was scared.

For the entire time I was gardening...I hadn't seen one living thing. Not a bug, spider, bunny, rabbit, worm...nothing.

I looked around and listened to the absolute silence around me. My heart sped up.

Was I the only living thing here?

As to answer my question, a few minutes later after I had gone back to work, a small rustling in a dead bush startled me. Standing up and wiping my dirt filled hands on my fifthy jeans, I eagerly took a half crouched step to see what behind the bush, and sure enough, a small baby rabbit was there.

I sighed in happiness, as I shuffled as quietly as I could to the sleeping baby rabbit, and scooped it into my arms.

"Shh...hey there pretty girl." I whispered quietly, cuping the rustling baby rabbit in my arms. Smiling, its ears seemed to poke up shocked, as I turned to look at the rabbit in the face.

"Well aren't you a pretty..." I froze mid sentence.

It...eyes.... It was like the rabbit had died, its pretty gray eyes hazed over into a crazed look. We seemed to stare at each other, as the bunny seemed to suddenly snap out of it, its small furry body struggling immensely in my hands. In shock, I griped the bunny, in fear of it hurting itself. The bunny thrashed, then instant pain hit my arm.

The bunny wasn't letting go. Instead of biting me and running away, he latched onto my hand, and began...to drink my blood.

Letting out a scream, I shook the bunny off of my hand, and let out a gasp. A thick, deep cut had been sliced right throat my palm, and I shakily stumbled up and ran to the back door, letting myself in.

Taking deep breaths, I made my way as quickly as I could to the kitchen, silent tears pouring down my face like a waterfall. Switching the faucet on, I began to gasp; my heart beating too hard to even think.

"Lily."

I yelped, my heart wanting to stop, as the red blood continued to run down the faucet, as I turned to look at him. He seemed bored, then noticed I was crying.

"Oh...God..." I cried out, my cries making my head light. I heard him sigh in annoyance as he walked over to me.

"Don't touch me." I barked out, in-between gasps for breath. He ignored me and instead gently reached over and grabbed my hand from underneath the cold water..

"Hmm, did an animal bite you or something?"

"I said don't touch me! You're disgusting! You're a sick monster!" I screamed at him, yanking my hand away and pulling it away from him.

His eyes flashed dangerously, as he reached out and pulled my arm back, his teeth clenching together. "Stop that Lily. You know me well enough now to know that I am a man."

I let out a sarcastic roll of my eyes, as I continued to cry. "You're not a man."

"What?" He growled through clenched teeth, as he began to harshly wrap my hand in a bandage that he got from a kitchen drawer. I let out a painful cry, as he didn't seem to notice.

"I said you're not a man." I repeated again, my lungs still feeling heavy and my head feeling light.

"Oh really?" HE murmured, pulling me harshly closer to him, my hand bound. "Do I not look like a man?"

I stared at him, the tears still falling, but this time in shock.

His voice now seemed to purr out softly, as if it was a mock. "Have you not seen every part of me, to convince you that I am a man?"

My throat suddenly got tight.

Not again.

Oh God.

"S-stop...please." I cried out as his dark eyes seemed to get darker.

"Why? Why would I do that?" His voice was dark, deep, and husky, as my buttons on my shirt began to get loosened by his large hands. "That would be like denying what my body wants."

"Oh, please." I begged, pushing with both of my hands. Dark spots filled my eyes from the pain and hysterics that was going on all around me.

"I don't think so Lily." He whispered, his lips an inch from mine.

I let out a shaky breath, unable to think about what was going to happen this time. "Please..." I begged. "I won't do it again. I swear."

"Won't do what Lily?"

I tried to calm my breathing while closing my eyes, as I pulled my hand close into my chest. "I won't be rude. I promise." My breathing was getting back to normal, yet I was wishing this was just a bad dream.

"Yeah...?" The dark voice murmured, the warm breath hitting my face. "Kiss me then...and mean it."

My eyes shot open, only to look into a dark, dreamy pair of chocolate brown eyes. "I dun't wanna..." I whispered out quietly, in shock.

"Then I don't know what to say to you then Lily."

I panicked, my voice getting high with hysterica. "I...I'll do it."

"Mhm." He murmured, his eyes staring back into my eyes, the intensity tripled because of it.

I slowly brought my lips to his, my body shaky and unaware.

Could I be able to stop?

His warm, soft lips met my cut lip, and I heard him sigh in happiness. His arms wrapped slowly around mine, not allowing me to break any contact. My heart began to thump in irregular beats as he finally pulled away.

Wow.

My head dropped to the side, as I kept myself from allowing any eye contact.

"Lily, look at me."

"No." I said, almost angry, trying to push away my almost true feelings.

Everything was silent.

"Why not?"

I wanted to scream, thrash, kick, anything that would make it clear to him. "Because you make me feel like a whore..." I said sharply, yet quietly.

"I don't see how Conner or anyone else treated you different"

Shock hit me hard, along with absolute fury.

"N-no-"

"Don't deny it babe."