Chapter Five: Maybe I do

Start from the beginning

"Tweek I-"

"It's fine, Craig," I said quietly picking chunks of food out of my hair. But it wasn't fine.

"Why are your eyes puffy?" he didn't sound like he meant to be so ignorant.

"I- I just," I started. No, I can't tell him. He said it himself, he isn't gay, "I know you were being honest about not being gay, but, damn, why did you have to say it like that?" I slid down putting my knees up to my chin.

"How do you mean?" He asked. He really is clueless.

"It's just that, you spat it out like you hated me," I replied.

"Maybe I do," He hissed out, angrily. His face reminded me of Jack's when I came out to him. I didn't want to be there anymore. I wanted to run away. I wanted to hide. I wanted to move away again and never look back. My only friend, the one person I could even slightly trust in this new town, just said that he hated me. It really was jack all over again. My breathing sped up, scratch that, my breathing stopped. I passed out. The last thing I saw was his chest falling and his eyes glossing over with worry. No, it was just in my head.

Craig's POV
"Maybe I do," I snapped at him. It was a heat of the moment reaction I instantly regretted.

I knew that if I said that to Clyde or Token, they would've just punched my arm and laughed it off. But Tweek, he was more fragile. He'd just met me. He watched me as I replaced snappy anger with regret, but then his eyes rolled to the back of his head, and I ran over to him.

"Craig! Spaz!" I heard Cartman yell from outside. "Hurry up with your making out! Some of us need to pee!"

"Not the fucking time, Cartman!" I yelled back at him furiously.

I tried shaking Tweek, but he was completely unconscious. I picked him up bridal style expecting him to be heavier than he was. That didn't matter right now; I needed to get him to the nurse. I unlocked the door, and Cartman pushed it open.

"Hey, Fag- what the hell did you do you him?" He chuckled, "Was the making out that overwhelming for the Spaz?" I pushed him away and ran to the nurse's office, but I felt him shift in my arms halfway there and start opening his eyes.

"Cr- Craig?" He seemed drowsy and couldn't talk very well yet, "Wh-What's going on?" I ran into the nurse's office and as I laid him down on the bed, he fainted again.

"Name?" She asked.

"Why does that matter? You need to check on him; he's clearly not okay!" I yelled at her.

"Name?" She said louder now. I flipped her off.

"Tweek Tweak," I mumbled, "Now can you just che-"

"Teacher?" She replied.

"We were at lunch," I said getting increasingly annoyed, "Now! Can you just fucking check on him?"

She waddled over to him and took his temperature. "He doesn't have a fever. Do you know if he drank any water today?"

"I think so," I mumbled.

"Okay, so what happened before he passed out?" She asked. The door was open, and a few people were peeking at us and listening in on the conversation. I flipped them off and closed the door.

"We were talking in the bathroom, and I was joking with him-"

"What type of joke?" She asked, she damn sure knew how to be nosy.

I hesitated. "I kind of told him I hated him, but it wasn't like I was being serious or anything," I mumbled. I really didn't want to tell the stupid school nurse what happened, but if it helped him, I would. Not because I like him or anything. I just don't want to lose a friendship that seemed so promising. Not that it wouldn't be inevitably ruined.

"Well maybe something bad happened in his past, and you saying that brought the memory back to him-"

"What's going on?" I heard him say. He stared at me, waking up from his unconsciousness.

A/N: Hello again! I'm really on a writing streak this week, huh? I just wanted to say thank you for reading this chapter! I would really appreciate if you left a comment telling me how you felt about this story so far. Make sure to leave a vote if you enjoyed and tell me if you find any typos or mistakes! Much Love and Thank you again for reading! Have a wonderful day and don't do anything really stupid.
~Beru <3