Chapter Two: Eyes

Word count: 1337
Trigger warning: None.

Craig's POV:
I squinted to adjust to a bright beam of light shining through the window. It's officially the last day of winter break. I pull up the blinds to see a moving truck at the old O'Connor house.

I hastily jumped to get my clothes on and ran out the door, pulling on my hat once I got outside. I checked to see if there were any kids my age, but, sadly, I didn't see any people at all, other than the movers, of course.

Instead, I texted my friends and ran to the park to play the daily round of Horseshoe with Token and Clyde. The run was quiet, but the cold air was a nice wake up call.

Once I got there, I was met by Cartman, Kyle, Stan, and Kenny arguing with my friends. "What do you guys want?" I questioned in my signature monotone voice.

"We just came here to play basketball, Craig," Kyle replied, innocently. I looked between Token and Clyde and they stared back with competitive faces.

"Look, I would love to kick your asses in basketball, but there's three of us and four of you, so we can't play, it's uneven," I said, snatching the basketball from under Kyle's arm.

"I can go find someone to play with us," Clyde piped up. I glared at him.

"No, you always pick people who can't play for shit," I replied, "I'll find someone." I walked away, flipping him off. The girls all ran into the bathroom, not that I was gonna pick any of them, a few gingers sat in a circle playing BS, and a kid who I didn't recognize with very messy blonde hair sat on a bench. Pondering my options, I walked over to the blonde.

"Hey, Blondie!" I said running up to him, "Can you play basketball?"

"Agh! Wh- What?" He yelped, shaking excessively.

"Are you okay? Did I scare you?" I said looking at him, confused.

"I- uh Sorry, I'm just- I just moved into town. I- I'm fine." He spat out, still shaking.

"Dude are you sure? You don't seem fine," I said, still confused. He just stared at me for a while. "Hello? Earth to Twitches."

"I- uhm- yeah I- I'm fine. My name's Tweek by the way," He confirmed, "Tweek Tweak."

"Your name is Tweak Tweak?" I questioned. That is the strangest name I've ever heard.

"Uhm, yeah. But there's only an 'a' in my last name. What's your name?" He asked.

"Well, I'm—" I got cut off by Token.

"TUCKER! HURRY THE HELL UP!" he yelled over to me.

"HOLD ON, JEEZ!" I screamed back, flipping him off and turning back to the kid; strangely, he wasn't in front of me anymore. He was running away. I ran after him without much thought for the situation. My only thought is, new kid.

Tweek's POV
"TUCKER! HURRY THE HELL UP" I heard a boy scream in our direction. I froze. I glanced at the boy in front of me as he answered back to his friend and ran as fast as I could back to my new house.

"TWEEK!" I heard the kid yell running behind me. I ran faster. Why is he running after me anyways? God, he's going to kill me.

When I got to the house, the door wouldn't budge.  I pulled and pulled but to my dismay, the door refused to open. It was locked, and the kid caught up to me. I slid down to the ground holding my knees up to my chin. "Please don't hit me," I begged, eyes glossing over.

"Woah, Woah," he replied with an almost offended tone, "Why would I do that?" He was taking heavy breaths in between his sentences. I don't blame him; no one can catch up to me, but he's pretty quick. He's probably an athlete.

I looked up at his eyes, which was a bad idea because they looked ice cold, "I- I don't know." I realized that he isn't Jack Tucker. His name is probably different. His last name is Tucker, and it's a common last name. I might've even heard it wrong. I'm holding in tears for no reason. Calm down, Tweek. I take a deep breath.

"Dude, are you okay? Is this your house?" He asked me.

"Yes," I said attempting to calm my breathing. "Why? Are you going to stalk me?"

"Uhm, no," He looked at me grinning. He assumed I was joking. "I live next to you. We should get you inside." Why does he want to go inside? Am I going to die?

"I can't. It's locked," I said looking back at him and making eye contact. His eyes looked like blue Ice crystals, like permafrost. My eyes went over his perfectly upturned nose and small ears. His pitch black hair stuck out of a plain blue chullo hat, but his eyes were mesmerizing. Wait. His mouth is moving.

"Did you hear me?" he asked, worriedly. I snapped back into reality.

"Huh? Oh no, sorry; what did you say?" I asked, feeling my cheeks warm in embarrassment.

"Did you check under the doormat?" He mumbled, looking down. I got up and picked up the doormat to reveal a key.

"Oh. How did that get there?" I asked and chuckled nervously. My parents don't normally do that.

"Well I used to be good friends with the kids that used to live here," he replied, "They forgot about that key when they moved out."

"Oh," I simply replied, opening the door. My parents were setting up their coffee shop. We walked inside. "You never told me your name."

"Oh, it's Craig," he said quickly, "Craig Tucker." My heart dropped to my knees. That last name, again. He must've noticed because he stared worriedly into my wide eyes. Deep Breaths.

"Did I- Did I say something wrong?" He asked.

"S-Sorry," I said shaking more, "I'm fine."

"Oh, well, okay. Uhm... do you have an Xbox or something?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, it's in my room," I responded nervously. I don't like guys being in my room the same way girls don't. The difference is that I am gay.

"Oh, do you wanna play something then?" He asked, smoothly.

"Uh- uhm- okay sure, let's go." We trotted up the stairs and into my room. There were still a few boxes lying around the room, but for the most part, my room was set up. "Sorry in advance for the mess," we walked into my room.

"What? This isn't messy at all! You should see my room," he said laughing nervously. We sat down at the foot of my bed and I popped in a Call of Duty disk.

•••

Craig's POV

"DAMNIT." I died again.

"Calm down." He said, ironically, "I can put in a different game." I was really enjoying spending time with him. I looked into his eyes. They look like emeralds. I've never seen anyone with eyes as glossy as his.

"No, it's fine," I finally answered. We were sitting on his bed. In my heart, something feels different about this guy. I feel completely comfortable walking into this stranger's house, so that has to mean something. Maybe this one will stay. "Maybe we could like watch a movie or something. My fingers kind of ache." That was a lie. Beating this kid at video games is seriously impossible.

He hesitated, "If you want."

"Uhm, yeah l- let's watch a movie." Fuck. I stuttered. I glanced down at my phone.

12 missed calls from "Taco Boy", 10 missed calls from "My Nagger" and 103 unread messages from "Fam"

"Fuck," I said again, this time, out loud.

A/N: Uh Oh. I Hope you liked this chapter, if you did, leave me a comment, if you didn't, tell me what I could improve! Leave a vote if enjoyed and make sure to tell me if you find any typos! Thank you again for reading. Have a wonderful day and don't do anything really stupid.
~Beru <3