Chapter 19: Lack of Communication

Start from the beginning

I snorted and shook my head, walking away from her to take the glasses out of the dishwasher.

"On a serious note, Nina," She cleared her throat and continued, watching me carefully as I did my job. "It's life man, if you love her and she loves you, you guys can figure shit out. I mean what's so bad that can't be fixed?"

"It's complicated," I shook my head.

"What is?"

"Everything." I shrugged a little frustrated.

"But what is everything, Nina?" She asked me, I turned to look at her to find her staring at me with a smirk on her lips, she was being annoying on purpose. "Think. What's everything?"

"Everything is... is..." It was... I don't know what it was. "I—"

"You got no fucking clue, do you?" She smirked, laughing at me. I rolled my eyes.

"That doesn't mean anything, there's stuff from her side as well and—"

"I swear, you're the worst at reading girls." She sighed, shaking her head at me like a disappointed mother. "You know, when she came here that night? She was basically killing me with the way she looked at me, I thought it was funny, I didn't think she was going to go and break up with you."

"What?" I frowned, "That makes no sense."

"I think you should talk to her, that's what I mean," She nodded to herself, looking away to a guy who was making his way to us, she smiled widely, ready to serve him.

I once heard those who have lived their lives in chaos learn to love it, thrive in it. I guess that's why I loved her so much, she was chaos in human form.

"This is actually really good," Jess was so engrossed with my notebooks that she was giving Kai zero attention which had him sulking in our couch with Peanut.

Jess bit into her apple as she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose, her curls were in a really messy bun and all she was wearing was a huge t-shirt. Her long bronze legs were in sight, toned and tanned.

"Are you not wearing anything under the t-shirt?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows at her, tilting my head a little.

"Yeah, underwear," She said without missing a beat as she passed the page to the next one.

"Your girlfriend's sweaty butt cheeks are on my seat," I made a face

"At least it isn't Kai's butt cheeks," Jess smirked, looking away from one of my notebooks to smirking at me.

"Yikes, that's a nasty image," I shivered and the next thing I know, a pillow has been thrown to my back.

"I really like this one," Jess said, putting her apple down and moving a little closer to me, showing me what she meant. "This poem is very good."

"Poem?" I laughed, I didn't think my writings were considered poems. "But they don't rhyme?"

"Poetry isn't always meant to rhyme, Nina." Jess rolled her eyes as she pushed the book towards me, "Read it for me," Her eyes were big and the same colour as soft melted chocolate, I shook my head. "Please, I want to know how you read it."

"I just— read it." I shrugged embarrassedly.

"She won't let it go, might as well read it," I heard Kai laugh.

"Okay, I won't read this one but I can read this one?" I pointed at the one in the opposite page to the one she wanted me to read, one she hadn't gotten to read yet I'm guessing by the way she tried to peak at it.