Chapter 21 The News

A few days later, it was back to normal in Wakanda. The true king was back in the throne and all seemed well. It was later afternoon when the king and queen decided to take a stroll in the streets of Wakanda. No Dora Milaje or weapons, both felt safe in their own country. They walked hand in hand buying whatever cute item they can see for the palace. "Try this my love." T'Challa handed her feathered tasseled earrings. 

She nodded approving his taste in jewelry. "It's beautiful."

"Then it's yours." He paid the vendor. Nefretti must admit, she had the best collection of jewelry back in the palace but didn't want to argue. It was no use. T'Challa spoiled her every chance he gets. Nefretti leaned into her husbands shoulder relishing the moment. She took her hands in his and drew him away from the crowd. They both ended up in the highest tower located in the middle of the jungle overlooking the city. They stopped running to catch their breath. "I wish you could have warned me that we'll be coming here." T'Challa said panting.

Nefretti giggled wiping off her sweat from her forehead "Where's the thrill in that Mr. Udaku." She grabbed his hand again and ran to the top.

They collapsed on the floor when they reached the top. Nefretti couldn't stop laughing. "You are a crazy woman!" T'Challa panted rolling on the floor trying to catch his breath. "Why are we here?"

"You seem to get tired easily. I think you're getting fat my love."

"Fat!? No T'Challa doesn't get fat, he only gets thicc." He smirked at his wife making her laugh uncontrollably. 

The sun was starting to set. It was the perfect time to tell T'Challa the news, Nefretti thought. Bringing him up here wasn't a spontaneous thought, it was planned. Nefretti figured that this would be the perfect spot to tell him the news that would forever change his life. "T'Challa I have something to tell you."

T'Challa looked at her ad smiled "Before that though, I also have something to say. THank you, you saved nit only my life but my family's as well. I know your next mission is a couple days away and you would be back to fighting bad guys in remote places far away from here. I just want you to know that no matter where you are, what are you doing, i'll always be here waiting for you." T'Challa placed a lock of Nefretti's hair behind her ear.

The queen bit her lip in excitement saying "T'Challa, I've chosen to stay...for good. I already spoke to Nakia and she has no problems with going solo. I love you T'Challa and i will forever be by your side." T'CHalla hugged her as tightly as he can. Tears flowed down his eyes. Gosh, he missed her. Nefretti pulled back. "That wasn't the news thought."

"It wasn't?"

Nefretti shook her head. She placed their entangled hands to her stomach. "We're going to be parents."

"No way."

"Yes way."

"No way!"

"YES WA-" She was cut off with T'Challa kissing her passionately and twirling her around. She squealed in delight. "I love you, I love you, I love you." She was showered with kisses on her face.

"I love you too my king"

"And you my queen"

AHHH TWO MORE CHAPTERS BEFORE THE BOOK OFFICIALLY ENDS:( Don't worry though because the sequel will be out soon! (Infinity War) Stay tuned for the last two chapters!