Chapter 5 Not Just The Country, Our World Too

"Are you pregnant yet?" The orange juice which was in Nefretti's mouth were now on the kitchen floor. She looked at Shuri with wide eyes.

The younger princess laughed even more holding up her phone. "I caught it on tape. Yes! I'm posting this on all my social media apps."

"Not.Funny." The queen wiped her mouth with.

"Seriously sis, I couldn't sleep for the past two nights because of the ceiling shaking in my bedroom." She smirked at the red cheeked queen. 

Nefretti rolled her eyes playfully at the millennial who griined even wider. Shuri spent more time on the outside world via gadgets and social networking than on Wakanda itself. Nefretti didn't blame her, she sure wished too that Wakanda wouldn't be isolated for long. But Nia wasn't worrying about the latest trend, she wanted to share Wakanda's resources, mainly vibranium; the most strongest, most valuable metal on earth and was the reason why Wakanda was truly the most advanced nation in the world. 

"Am I interrupting something?" T'Challa called out by the doorway.

Shuri began laughing hysterically again, this time even louder which made her brother gave her a weird look. He glanced at his queen in confusion who innocently shrugged.

------------------

"She seriously said that!" T'Challa's laughter filled the busy streets of Wakanda. He clutched his stomach laughing uncontrollably at his wife who was covering her cheeks with the palms of her hands.

"You both are for sure siblings." She walked forward in an attempt for T'Challa not to see her noticeable red cheeks. Nefretti looked back a couple times at her husband who gave her the same look he gave when he saw her in the forest merely two days ago. "What is it?" she asked.

"Come home Nefretti."

"I'm right here."

"Stay" he blocked her path. Nefretti avoided looking into dark brown eyes. She knew exactly what she meant. Nefretti was always away in missions with Nakia who had the same passion of helping people (especially women) in need in neighbouring countries. She knew that Wakanda was not gonna share what they have in fear that other countries will want to steal like what had happened to other countries decades ago. So she chose this route instead, in the people's eyes including her new and old family-this is made Nefretti an ideal queen of the nation.

Finally, she mustered up the courage to look into her husband's pleading eyes. "I came here for your father and to support you. But I cannot stay, at least, not too long. I can't avoid not living here. Of course i'll be here for weeks at a time but I also got my duties as a queen."

"And also as a wife." Nefretti looked at him with sorrow.

"It's just I found my calling there-" they both looked at the mountain ranges which served as protective barriers shielding them from the rest of the world. "-I've seen to much people in need to turn a blind eye. I can't be happy here knowing that some people have nothing."

T'Challa put some of Nefretti's hair behind her eye "And what will Wakanda do about it?"

"Share what we have." She perked up. "We could provide aid and access to technology and refuge for those who need it. Other countries do it, we could do it better."

"We are not like these other countries Nefretti. If the world found out what we truly are, what we possess-"

"-Don't. Stop. I know where this is going." She walked forward. T'Challa gentky grabbed her arm. He was worried.

"Nefretti-"

"No T'Challa it's okay. I don't wanna talk about this and end up in an argument again. I just want to enjoy this walk and spend time with you...while I can." Nefretti placed her hand on T'Challa's cheek. He leaned in her touch and kissed her palm uttering "I'm sorry my love."

She couldn't call his family selfish. No, Nefretti knew very well that they were far from it. She couldn't blame them and their fear of what might happen that did happen to billions of people like them. People of her race were oppressed long before Wakanda even existed and frankly up till now.