Chapter 6 Worse and The Worst

Zuri looks at Nefretti with uncertainty, he hesitantly grabbed the heart shaped herb from the ground and ground the petals. He bowed down before offering me the bowl of Vibranium petal soup. "Are you sure my queen?" He finally asks.

She knew why he was acting like this. The first and last time she had visited the land after the living was not a pleasant experience. But ever since her husband had gone, it was all in her mind. Nefretti took the wooden bowl and finished the glowing violet soup in one gulp. She may have not spoken since but that answered Zuri's question.

Everyone in the room bowed down to their queen crossing their arms in a form of an 'X'. The queen laid down on the orange sand and her arms crossed in a form of an 'X'. She closer her eyes and said to herself well, there's no backing out now. Then she drifted into a deep sleep. Her wandered off her body and floated upwards to the Ancestral Plane. All while the servants covered her entire body with the orange sand below her. She was hit with flashbacks of her parents and her childhood. Her body started to hyperventilate even though her subconscious wasn't fully aware of it.

Nefretti opened her eyes not to see the Zuri and the healers in the room which held the flowers made of Vibranium but an astrological universe after life on Earth. The numerous artworks and stories could not fathom the beauty of it. The time never changed, the sun never rose but the violet sky lit up the Ancestral Plane. Stars danced around the sky and the silhouettes of Wakanda's national tree was on full display. She looked down to see her dressed in bautiful white clothing.

She walked further to the tree where her deceased family were

She walked further to the tree where her deceased family were. Hanging in that particular tree were panthers. This reminded her that even though her ancestors didn't want to be ruled over by one tribe, they still stood by the Black Panther and it's protection. She walked further until she stopped...right in front of her parents. Unlike before, her parents were smiling at their now grown up daughter.

"Umama, utata" (mother, father) she cried out embracing them. "I'm so sorry. For everything."

Her father chuckled "My child, it is us who should apologise. We were too blinded by hatred and jealousy that we had failed to even notice how much your husband loves you. Now from above, we know what his true intentions were-it was to love you."

"You have grown into such a remarkable woman Nefretti. We are beyond proud of you." Her mother finished wiping the tear from her cheek. Nefretti felt the weight on her shoulder's lift. She truly felt that she was healing after what had happened. It tore her, not talking to anyone for at least a month and a half after her first time in the Ancestral Plane.

"But you better be careful." She whipped her head to her father whose face read nothing but worry for his only daughter. "You and your husband is in grave danger. One of you will come her as a result of a great war. The world would be in ruins. One of you will die."

"Wha-what no." She shook her head not believing it. She got her closure by coming here again. Now she was faced with another problem. T'Challa or her might die. "No no no NO!-"

The Queen sat up and gasped for air. She couldn't control her heavy breathes of panic. Zuri ran to her and fanned his queen "Breathe my queen, breathe." By the time she did (which took a while), she looked at Zuri with glassy eyes. Just what Zuri feared, bad news. "What did they say?"

"T'Challa-" Nefretti was cut off by the doors slamming open to reveal Okoye in panic. Zuri and Nefretti looked at each other knowing that there's more bad news about to come.