Nibbles devourer of souls

My name is Amelia Buright, and basically I am 14 years old with golden brown hair, olive oil coloured skin, with a cross between blue, green and yellow eyes. I am also quite tall, so that's everything about me. Well almost. You see I figured out very recently that reality lies to you, a lot. For example, when you crave adventure it tends to come at the least expected time. Not, with a big ball of light blowing up your school projector and your pet rabbit wanting your soul. Well my messed up story starts normally with me being extremely bored in English class, my last time ever having that feeling.

"Bored so bored," I groan, "I have seen this movie so many times! Do I have to watch it again?"

On the wall was the same old movie playing over and over again, The lion King. I needed something exciting, and I needed it now. " Amelia Buright, I told you to be quite! And please keep that rabbit away from me." Said Miss, kruel with a quick sneeze.

Today we had to learn about the importance of animals, why we are learning this in english I have no idea. So as a project we have to bring in our pets and I brought my rabbit nibbles. He has brown fur that has some white spots and he has brown eyes. So basically he is very brown. Anyway just to piss off the teacher I took Nibbles out then I started petting he like he was my minion. That's when she started sneezing like crazy and ran out of the class to get some more tissues. I burst out into laughter while the other kids just gave me the annoyed look and kept on watching Pumba dancing around in a skirt.

I don't always act like this, in fact when I try to act like myself everyone around me starts treating me like a disease and this makes a very grumpy 14 year old. I always made the biggest mess in English, when I was little diagnosed with dyslexia and ADHD so when I tried to pay attention, all the words would just turn into a blob of letters. In order to avoid the humiliation I would prevent the teacher from ever choosing me for anything. The only things I seem to get right was music and sport, I have always been in love with them and they always came so easily to me. Though my mom disapproves and wants me to do better than everyone in everything. It's hard but my grades always pull through and she leaves me alone. Even when I act like myself at home my mom starts losing it, telling me to get lost.

The only person that goes through the same problems like me is my best friend, Sofia Lilian. She is a little tall like me, and she has brown eyes, with light brownish coloured hair. Her skin is sort of the the colour of white chocolate mixed in with some milk chocolate. A delicious combination. She also has dyslexia and ADHD, along with amazing sport and music skills. We have been friends ever since we were little and we always have been there for each other. When she was little she lost her mom in an accident and she was sent to live with her grandparents since her dad had left the family when she was born. Just like me.

So anyway, after Miss Kruel left Sofia and I started singing the song the circle of life while laughing our heads off. The other kids give us weird looks but we don't care, we are having a good time. We were just getting to the last line when the door behind us literally exploded. Everyone snapped their heads back to the door, only to find it reduced to a pill of rubble and as fast as a rabbit everyone ran out of class. Leaving Sofia and I the only ones left in the class with a big mess to clean up. I was getting ready to convince Sofia that we should leave, when Nibbles started roaring. Like a lion at first then into something like a demon in pain. "Has Nibbles ever done that before?" asked Sofia frightfully.

"Sure like I train my rabbit to sound demonic and scare the living day lights out of everyone!" I yelled.

" Just asking."

I was going to yell back at her but Nibbles must have taken some growth pills because he was almost touching the roof. His fur also took an effect because he was now a charcoal black and his once brown eyes were bloody red. " SOULS!!!!!!"

Now I always wanted to say something heroic at times like these but fear took its place and Sofia yelled what was on my mind. " HEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!"

Nibbles slowly started getting razor teeth and claws all of which were as big as one of the desks. Images flashed threw my mind, nibbles as a little rabbit, meeting Sofia, and a strange place with flying horses. The last one kept on coming into my mind at the strangest times and I have no idea what it is about. Then a thought occurred to me. " Sofia," I yelled, " It's only a dream, it isn't real, it isn't really there, we are okay! Sing with me and it will go away, like all the scary dreams we have! Come on! Rain drops on Roses!"

With that I started to sing 'My favourite things' and tried to get Sofia to join me. Pretty soon she was doing it as well, and we both tried to hold confidant faces and rally against the horrible nightmare. Around us everything started getting brighter and brighter. I tried to find its source but it was nowhere to be seen, then I turned to see Sofia's face. It was as bright as the sun, she was shocked. "Amelia your glowing!" she said.

"WHAT!"

I looked down to see my whole body glowing just as bright as Sofia's face and apparently Nibbles didn't like that new look on me because he started screeching. "Sofia, I think the light is hurting him! Quick try to focus all of that light into a big ball!"

So Sofia and I both tried to focus all of the light into one huge ball which proved a harder task then said. Meanwhile Nibbles decided to start talking, "YOUR SOULS!! GIVE THEM TO ME YOU HALF-BLOODS!"

He wanted my soul! That big pile of fluff wanted my soul! How ungrateful! I fed him, cleaned him, loved him, treated him like a prince and this is how he repays me!!! By trying to devour me and my best friends souls! Oh hell no!!! "OH SORRY BUT THESE SOULS HAVE BEEN RESTRICTED FOR US! IF YOU WANT TO DEVOUR A SOUL, DEVOUR YOUR OWN IF YOU HAVE ONE! CAUSE THESE SOULS ARENT FOR BLOODY SALE YOU GAINT BALL OF FUZZ!!!"

I was angry, really really angry. Forget fear, that little pile of fluff wanted my soul! I concentrated as hard as possible on the ball of light and soon the nearby projector blew up, since it over heated, to the extreme. " EAT THIS NIBBLES!!!"

And then Sofia and I with all of our might threw the light ball straight at Nibbles, who as soon as it touched him blew up into fine gold dust and was swept away in the air conditioning. We were both worn out but we managed to hobble out of the class right into our science teacher's assistant. He looked at us then at the class room with the burnt wall paper and then back with a concerned expression on his face. " Holy pan did you two just blow up your classroom?!?"

"Yes but her demonic pet rabbit got in the way and we couldn't finish it off. Though demonic Nibbles did explode into gold powder and burnt the wall paper. You may want to get insurance for that class." Sofia said sassily.

"Oh don't forget about how the projector was the first to go or how Nibbles wanted to devour our souls, but I guess that doesn't matter. What matters is why this guy isn't calling the police yet. So why aren't you calling the police?" I added sassily.

"Great pan you really did a number on that demon, didn't you. Well anyway I have to get you two out of here otherwise we will attract more of them." He said.

"Where are you taking us?" Sofia questioned.

"To a camp for kids like you, hopefully you won't blow up the people there either." He chirped.

"You are taking us to the camp with the flying horses, wait what did Nibbles call us again?" I asked curiously.

"Half-bloods" Sofia said

"You're taking us to Camp Half-blood aren't you?"