"I think if my pie came to life that would be a bit frightening," I said shooting her an awkward but genuine smile only for her to reach over and pinch my cheek.

"Don't talk that sass now here boy." she smiled letting go and I pouted rubbing my cheek but smiled again nether the less.

And when the timer went off I jumped out of the chair. I was literally frightened since it had been a while since I heard something like that. Grandma was frightened by my reaction which I quickly apologized and turned off the timer then put on oven mittens to get the pie out. I placed it on the table staring down at it. It smelled absolutely amazing and looked just as good as grandma's but did it taste good.

"I will be the judge of that." grandma stood up from her chair waltzing over.

My ears felt hot as I realized I might have been speaking out loud instead of my head. I always seemed to be doing that at random moments. I took the oven mittens off while taking a deep breath as grandma grabbed a fork and knife from her drawer. She cut a slice of the pie slowly and I ran to get a plastic plate for her to not ruin her glass ones. I handed it to her and she placed the slice on the plate before cutting that slice into a bite-size on the fork and ate it. She chewed slowly with her eyes closed, made it hard for me to know what she thought of it. Her eyes opened slowly as she swallowed.

"Get a fork boy," she said and I gulped opening her drawer finding a fork and went back over getting a piece of the pie on the fork. I glanced at her unsure if this was some trick. "Well try it."

I sighed and put it in my mouth. Chewing it slowly I realized I hated the taste. I frowned to myself after swallowing it. Guess I wasn't much good as a baker. And I wanted to make Grandma proud.

"What's wrong?" she asked before taking another bite of the pie.

"Yo-You don't have to eat more of it. I know its bad." I mumbled and she choked while trying to laugh making my eyes widen. I started patting her back quickly but she put her hand out to tell me to stop.

"I'm fine sweetie, but this pie is delicious." she laughed and my eyebrows furrowed.

"How? I tasted it and it tastes terrible..." I held my stomach feeling a bit queasy.

"I think you don't like cherries, or you just don't like cherry-"

I bent over and threw up on grandma's kitchen floor. My face burned also my throat. I felt so bad for making a mess on her floor. Aunt Pam also cleaned it up. I laid on the couch as Mom worried but Grandma just kept telling her I don't like cherries. Turns out I'm allergic to cherries because I kind of got hives afterward.

"Well, at least you made a pie that everyone else liked." Aunt Tam laughed and I grumbled under a cover on the couch.

"Don't bother the boy Tam." Grandma shooed her away into the kitchen to help mom put away the leftover food.

My uncle was passed out on the couch. Not sure if it's because he might have had too much to drink or too much food that he was stuffed. Eating was a bit difficult for me but after some medicine grandma gave me my hives started to go away.

"I'm surprised you did so well on your first pie. Including the pattern very good. Too bad you didn't like your own pie. But it was nice to spend time with you Oakely." Grandma said petting my hair and my cheeks felt warm as I smiled.

"I'm glad you all liked it. Maybe I can show dad that I can make pies now." I said relaxing against the couch. "Maybe my friends too."

"Friends?" Grandma said blinking but then smiled. "Ah, your father has been a very big help. I'm glad you've made some friends." she patted my hair again and I started to think about Farley and frowned. "What's wrong?" she asked suddenly and I felt my tongue tie with my face heating up.

"I um accidentally sent a heart to someone and well I got embarrassed... Then started avoiding them. I feel bad because they are a very good friend of mine." I played with the cover sighing.

"Well talking to someone is better than running away. If talking doesn't work then it wasn't meant to be possibly," she said gently.

"I guess your right...thanks, grandma," I said looking up at her smiling and she kissed my forehead.

"Of course, now get some rest," she said getting up and went into the kitchen which mom soon replaced her spot.

"How are you feeling?" Mom asked with a frown.

"Fine mom." I smiled. "The hives are going away and well now we know I can't eat cherries," I responded with a shrug and she sighed smiling then shook her head.

"True, goodnight sweetie." she kissed my head and went into the kitchen after turning off the lights.

I closed my eyes but heard my phone vibrate. I opened an eye and grabbed my phone off the table a small lamp was on. Turning it on I saw notifications from Bookie, my friends, and Dad. I clicked on dad's first, he was wishing me a good new years and asked how I was. I told him about the cherry pie incident and how I was going to bed before wishing him a good new years as well. All my friends wished me and each other a good new years. I wished them it back before saying goodnight. I stared at the notifications for Bookie before letting out a breath and clicking on it.

BookerBooker: Happy New Years Eve!
BookerBooker: Hey?
BookerBooker: You seem to be busy but whenever you can text me please do!
BookerBooker: Cy?
BookerBooker: Geez, here I am bothering you when you're probably just off with family for the holidays. Sorry, I'm just worried.
BookerBooker: I wish you a good new years.

My face felt a bit hot. Guilt crept up my spine but I also felt happy? He was worried and he cared for my wellbeing. I couldn't stop the corners of my cheeks from rising. My heart flip-flopped and these feelings and actions I missed so much. I tried to relax and shake off this  nervous feeling and began to type and sent my message once it hit midnight with no using the backspace button this time.

CyberGeek: I'm really sorry for letting my embarrassment get ahead of myself. I shouldn't have reacted like that! I hope you gave a great new years. Happy New Years!!!

I sat my phone back where it was since it was charging. A smile didn't leave my lips because finally, I felt a little bit better. I knew dad was going to be okay if he wasn't and same with mom. Them not being together might bother me but things will be fine. And whatever happens I guess happens. Eventually I heard my phone vibrate and I didn't even have to look at it to know who it was. The smile on my face grew as my heart flip flopped and my face got warmer.

BookerBooker: It's okay to be embarrassed! Haha, I thought it was a mistake. I'm just glad to hear from you, Happy New Years Cy!

~ I don't know why but I've been updating late recently. Anyway I hope you all liked the chapter! Also check out my contest which I'm rerunning hopefully I won't have to rerun it a third time but what happens is what happens! Also guess what? Got 2,000 words on this chapter!!!!