fifteen ✰ a. duvall (cin)

Start from the beginning

"Surprise! We're going to have a mini Duvall!" I can barely hold back my tears of joy. That is, until I notice Adam's not-so-happy facial expression.

"Y-You're pregnant?" I nod, holding my hands together. While I'm still waiting for his outburst of excitement, it doesn't seem like something he's happy about at all.

"I, uhm, I don't know what to say, Morgan." My face drops at the sound of his voice - the loss for words, the bothered tone. I look at him for answers, for some kind of emotion, something that tells me he's as excited about starting a family as I. But there is nothing.

"I-I can't believe you aren't happy."

"Well, I don't know what you want me to say, Morgan."

"I want you to be excited! I want you to act like this is the best news you've ever heard! I want you to be happy about starting a family, Adam!" His face goes blank at my sudden anger. But I can't help it. I really thought we were ready for this step. I really thought he loved me enough to take it this far. I mean, we're married and almost thirty!

"What if I don't want to start a family?!" My jaw trembles. Tears slowly fall from my face to the kitchen floor. And my heart drops. Looking at my feet. I wipe my eyes, reaching to take the pregnancy test from him.

"Well then okay." My voice noticeably shakes, as my emotions are easy for anyone to read; sad, confused, broken. I can tell Adam is regretting the words that had just left his mouth, but frankly, I don't care. I need to think, as far away from him as possible. Finally grabbing the box, I turn on my heel heading towards the front door.

"Morgan, wait-" Ignoring everything he has to say, I leave.

- later that day... -

- adam's pov -

Watching Morgan walk away, possibly the most upset I've ever seen her, was heartbreaking. And to think, I did that, after she revealed something that should've made me the happiest man on the earth. But it didn't. And I can't help but hate myself for hurting her because of my insecurities. Of course I want to start a damn family with her. I wouldn't have it any other way. But, I'm just so afraid that I'm going to be a terrible father. I mean, sure, I make quite a lot of money that I could easily supply our child with everything he or she needs. But it's not the tangible things you can supply for your family that makes them happy, it's the love and comfort that is hard to live without. And with me always on the move for most of the year, I can't stand to think about Morgan having to stay home and take care of our child without me. I want to be able to be there whenever. But because of my job, I won't be able to and I don't want to put Morgan in the position. Sitting in the dugout during our game, I've barely noticed the tears forming in my eyes as I become immersed in my own thoughts. I just can't get the image of Morgan's smile out of my head. She was so happy. And I wanted to be happy too. But I ruined everything. All of the work she put into it; the breakfast, the jerseys, it was perfect. All to be destroyed by me. But there's just something about how overjoyed she was, the excitement in her voice and expression on her face. The fact that just finding out we we were going to have a baby made her that happy, I can't help but think about what joys it would bring to us once he or she was finally here. Spending the whole game with this thought on my mind, I came to a conclusion. I don't care that I won't be there as often because I know that when I am home, I am going to spend every second of everyday with our child. And even when I'm not home, I will do anything to go out of my way and put in just as much time and effort as Morgan. Because I love her and our baby, and I want to start a family with the love of my life.

- after the game - (what's with all these time skips? asfdjs)

- morgan's pov -

After returning home once I knew Adam would have left for his game, I spent the whole day in bed, replaying what happened this morning in my head. Why wouldn't he want to start a family? I really thought he would be just as thrilled about having a baby as I was. But I guess I was wrong. My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of the front door opening. I quickly shift into a comfortable position, pretending to be asleep as the last thing I wanted to do was face him. ( QUICK INTERRUPTION ; does anyone remember when you would pretend to be asleep in the car so your parents would carry you into the house when you got home ? oh my god i was so freaking good at that ahsfdhj ,, okok sorry moving on - ) Hearing footsteps in our bedroom, I keep my eyes closed as the sound becomes louder. Soon enough, I can feel the presence of Adam on my bedside. Soft kisses are placed on my cheeks and neck, just as I had done to Adam this morning. Slowly peeking my eyes open, I notice the shirt he has on - the jersey. Quickly sitting up, Adam wraps his arms around me, kissing the side of my head multiple times. Finally pulling back, I look up from the bed, realizing what the item in his hand is - my jersey. As he notices what's caught my eye, he gesture for me to take the jersey. Holding it in my hands, I can feel warm tears fill my eyes as I look up into Adam's.

"Morgan," He chokes out, noticing the tears in my eyes. Lifting his hand to wipe them away with the pad of his thumb, he flashes a small grin.

"Yes?" I can feel my heartbeat speed up, awaiting the words that are about to leave his mouth. The fact that I have no clue what he's possibly going to say makes me even more nervous.

"I've changed my mind." I gasp as my hand immediately goes over my mouth. My crying hardens. I stand on top of the bed, wrapping my arms around his next and my legs around his torso. Adam is quick to wrap his hands around the bottom of my thighs, completely holding me up as we spin around in the middle of our bed room. Pulling away, he once again reaches to wipe away my tears.

"Baby, please stop crying." He chuckles, causing me to copy his actions, laughing along with him.

"I can't. I-I'm so happy!" I say as tears continue to run down my cheeks. Leaning in I begin attacking him with kisses. This only makes him laugh more. Finally placing a final kiss directly on his lips, his grip on my thighs tightens. Smiling into the kiss, he backs us up into a wall, pressing my back against it. My hands roam his chest as his tongue slips into my mouth. We both pull away slowly, out of breath. Placing me back down in the ground, he slips his hand underneath my shirt, resting it on the small bump that has already formed. I grab onto his other hand as we both stare down at my stomach - our baby. Adam looks back up at me and flashes his perfect smile.

"A family."

-

this was honestly so sad to write like djshsjhd WHY ISNT HE HAPPY TF but anyways SORRY THIS IS SO ALL OVER THE PLACE !! ah and it took so long oh my god i'm a mess lol it's definitely not worth the wait :/// but i really hope you like it,  love !! 💗💗

jillian