"Zane?"

"Hmm?" He said half sleep.

"Can you just hold me?" Beatrix asked nervously. "I just need a lot of affection right now. Every time I close my eyes I see dark images."

He got up and looked at her in wonder. He could see her clearly since he was asked to keep the lamp on. She turned facing Ziyanna while Zane came up and wrapped his muscular arms around her.

"Tighter," she demanded while gripping his hand and placing a kiss on it.

•••

"That's two hundred grand we made all in one week," West smiled. "Damn, I might just get out the game like you."

Zane twisted his mouth and eyed his friend. "Nigga you know damn well you ain't getting out the game."

"You right," he chuckled thinking about it. "This weed got me tripping out."

Zane laughed and it faded when he saw Ginger enter the warehouse. "What she doing here man?"

"Shit I don't know," he shrugged while watching her step towards him. "Wussup?"

"Look, Reagan got arrested. Her fine is $50,000," Ginger started. "She was arrested for home invasion."

"The fuck you telling me for," West said sizing her up. "Ian got it."

"You gone do that to yo own cousin?" She frowned and did a double take at Zane. "What about you?"

"Maybe her going to prison is a good thing," Zane shrugged. "Maybe she'll get cleaned."

"They're talking ten years!" Ginger cried. "That is the mother of your child!"

"Yeah, but she ain't doing shit for Ziyanna," he said. "She probably never did."

"Y'all are so full of it," she said storming out the warehouse.

"Ten years though?" West frowned.

"Nah, $50,000 though...you might wanna fine another stash my nigga," Zane sighed while shaking his head. "Yo sister might take it her damn self."

"That don't sound bad man," he said. "I'm right on it."

"Ight, I'll fuck with you later," Zane said getting up. "I gotta get ready for the baby shower, Saturday."

"Ight family guy."

•••

Zane watched Beatrix eat her shrimp pasta like she was starving. They had came from the mall and Target. They bought all the necessities for the twins and an outfit for them and Ziyanna to wear at the baby shower.

"Damn, do you want some?" Beatrix playfully mugged Zane.

He ran his tongue over his teeth and smirked. "I don't know why you acting so tough."

"Is everything okay?" The waitress smiled at Zane. Beatrix was annoyed because she did the same thing when she came with her father.