Chapter 5

Chloe pulled her truck over and parked it in an available space in the public, and abandoned hardly used, car parking area for the lighthouse. We got out the truck, with me lagging behind because of my ankle, and began walking up the path to the light house. "Come on slowpokes!" Chloe called from up the path. Max ran ahead to catch up with Chloe while I lagged behind and took in the scenery. It looked so beautiful and for a person who's recently moved here this is breathtaking. I decided I'd take a photo for photography class as who knows what kind of homework Jefferson will set next. I continued to walk up the path until I was face to face with the lighthouse, the beautiful blue ocean and a bench where Chloe and Max were perched. I decided to let them chat and look around the area. I saw some graffiti on a rock and a campfire but nothing more interesting to be honest. I sat down on the edge of the hill dangling my legs over the edge while taking in the view of the ocean and Arcadia bay. I was interrupted by a phone call, I looked up to see who was calling and saw it was my mum. I didn't hesitate to press the 'answer call' button immediately. "Hey mum" "Hi Cody, How's school going? Got any friends?" "It's going good..Just err I haven't really made many friends..exactly.." "You're not getting picked on are you..?" I could see Max and Chloe at the corner of my eye and they were looking at me. Probably curious and trying to find out my past and stuff. "No mum, I'm not..." "So you made any friends?" "Yeah, I have" "Boys or girls?" "umm...." "It's girls isn't it?" "yeah,yeah okay" I heard Chloe shout Max's name and looked over to see Max passed out on the ground "Shit, Mum I gotta go, I'll call you later okay?" "Cody, what's going o--" I hung up the phone and rushed to Chloe's side and helped her lift up Max and move her away from the edge. "Shit what happened?" I asked Chloe. "She just passed out".

After about 3 minutes Max woke up from her weird stance she passed out in, half awake, half asleep. "Oh you guys are here. I'm back. Oh my god. This is real...it's real. Oh man this sucks." "Woah what's going on? you totally blacked out Max" I said. "I didn't black out, I had another vision. The town is going to get wiped out by a tornado." "Oregon gets like 5 tornadoes or so every 20 years. You just zoned.." Chloe tried to reason. "No, no I saw it. I felt the electricity in the air..." "Max, take a breath Okay?" Chloe said as she tried to calm Max. "Guys, I'm not crazy, but there's something else I have to tell you's, something hardcore.." "We're listening" I said.  "I had the exact same vision in class and when I came out of it, I discovered I could reverse time.... Like I said; Not crazy.." "But high right?" Chloe asked. "Listen to me, how'd you think I saved you in the bathroom?" "Saved??" I said. "Oh right. Long story short, Nathan and Chloe were meeting for something and Nathan pulled a gun on her. She got shot and I put my hand out then I reversed time back to when we were in class. I then went back to the bathroom and saved her by pulling the fire alarm" "Ohhh.. makes sense now.. I thought you's were all having an Orgy or something.." They both laughed at this remark. "Ha, I wish. But i'd never do that with a boy like Prescott." Chloe said. "Anyway, Max you're one hell of a geek with a crazy imagination, People just don't have those powers Max." "I don't know what I have, but I have it and I'm scared shitless." "You just need to get high, It's been a hella insane day.." "Uh huh." I agreed. Then we all looked up and saw snowflakes..Dropping from the sky when it's like 80 degrees outside. "Huh?" "What the fuck, How?" Chloe asked "Climate change, or a storm is coming." Max replied. "Max tell us everything, from the beginning".

With that we all sat on the bench and listened to Max's crazy explanation on her powers and what she did. I have to say it was the best bed-time story I've heard in my life!. All jokes aside it was pretty interesting and left me on the edge of my seat. Once Max had finished, we all headed back to the truck where Chloe dropped Max and I off at Blackwell, but not leaving until we exchanged phone numbers to stay in contact. "Hey Cody, you're pretty cool to hang out with. I'd like it if you hung with Max and I more often" "Ha, we'll see Price. It was pretty fun.. and so I may be intrigued to do it again" "Until then" She smiled and waved at Max before pulling out of the parking lot and heading to her house. I exchanged numbers with Max as well before we went our own way to our dorms. I opened my door, put my bag down, took my shoes off, and changed into my baggy t-shirt and shorts before lying down on my bed. 

Wow today's been a hell of a day, First the fire alarm incident, then the whole injury on my ankle and Nathan Prescott fight, Meeting a blue haired chick Chloe Price, Cool as hell, David slapping me, yup. Then there's this snow eclipse and Max telling us about her powers, I'm surprised she even trusted me enough to tell me something so major, but then again you can't just go 'Please leave boy, it's a convo for me and my best friend only' and I can't see Max doing that as she's too shy, a bit like me, to do something like that.

With that said. I soon fell asleep on my green covered sheets, It being to warm to pull the covers over me, and wondered what tomorrow will bring now that I'm practically involved with everything Chloe and Max want to do as they want me to 'Hang' with them. And I can't wait, as it sounds like fun and a blossoming new friendship triangle between the three of us.