[3] blood bursting through scraped skin

"There is a friendly roof, I know,
Might shield me from the wintry blast;
There is a fire, whose ruddy glow
Will cheer me for my wanderings past"
- anna brontë, the consolation

YOUR POV

MY skin began to burn with betrayal, as I sat on the gravelled floor outside the Godly Garrison, my back leant against the walls, and my legs sprawled in front of me, my appearance pitiful to the eye, but to the soul it's upmost strength.

I came to the place that keeps me safe, but also the place in which I swore never to come; living in Birmingham, I'd become acquainted with one Mr Thomas Michael Shelby; and had a flourishing relationship for just under half a decade, all filled laughter and heart break, but upon the hundredth time of hearing my heart shatter in my chest, I walked away from my happiness and security, only to end up on his door step once again.

"Y/N, what're you doing here?" I hear the distinct voice of my fond love, I can feel his sea of eyes stare at the side of my face, as one closes to drag on his cigarette. I turn my battered face to his, eyes squinted to see his, as I squeak, "your old friends paid me a visit, and I have no where to go, why break routine of coming here right?" I chuckled roughly through my chapped lips, a coughing fit following the action.

"Need help standing?" He mutters through the full lips perched perfectly upon his face, I shake my head, as he bows his shaggy, wet hair, and moves into the doors of his creation, I stumble and fumble on the walls to keep myself upright, as I make my way to were he is.

"Sit down, I've got Vodka and bandages; I'll clean you up" as he pulls up a chair, sitting on it backwards, as he leans his head on his toned arms, facing towards my flawed appearance.
I do as he says, hissing as I feel the Russian liquid be poured into my gashes, and bandages wrapped around the purple and green spots accompanying my skin.

"Why here?" His voice carries to my ears, muffled through his lips solely carrying the stick in which he lit merely 20 seconds before.
"You're the only one I trust to take care of me when I'm hurt" my whisper flows through the air to his ears, in which he stops his actions and looks up.

"Sounds different than when you left" bitterness seeping into every word he speaks.
"I trust you to take care of me WHEN I'm hurt, never said anything about the person who usually ends up hurting me Thomas Shelby" my venom matching his, as I meet his icy eyes to match half of his heart, as the rest has melted through and through.

"All done" his declaration quieter now, as he goes to stand, but I grab his hand;
"How about we forget all the bad blood, a truce Tommy? Civil partners?" As I spit in my palm and extend it to him, to which he chuckles and shakes his head, making his shaggy hair part from its position, as he follows in suit.
With a nod of my head, I make my way to the door, as I hear
"Oi, you think Pol would forgive me if I didn't take you to her after a surprise appearance after all these months?" His sarcastic remark, oh how I miss the odd and wonderful Polly Gray.

"You're right, can't have her missin out on all my fun, can we?" I finish with a wink, as I lead the way; with a feeling of resolution with every staggered step I take, and my head dulling to just an ache as my heart warms within my chest; knowing that my Thomas would be mine again soon, and the family for whom I grew to love are once again on my doorstep;

I am not alone.

Tommy Shelby is there to make sure of it.