Chapter 10 Mother

A/N: The pictures above are more forms that Gabrielle can take. The wolf and tiger are repeated. And a thanks to LauraTomasetti for asking for an update. I know I've fallen behind on this story. Life has been busy and my mind has been elsewhere. Hope you enjoy this.

Later that night I was sleeping in Caesar's hut next to his family. I had taken roost there since Blue Eyes had left with Rocket to search for a new place for us to live. Our new home was hidden behind a waterfall and it got cold at night. I was in my tiger form, curled up with Cornelia and her little son as Caesar sat beside us. Blue Eyes was using me as his pillow.

I felt Caesar move and I opened my eyes and looked at him as a green light went through the carven. We had been found by the humans. I got up, only waking Blue Eyes as I came to Caesar's side. He looked at me as I stood beside him, he reached out and grabbed on to a rope.

I transformed into an ape, ~"wake the others, I'll protect your family."~ I went back over to Blue Eyes and told him to find a safe place to hide with his mother and brother. He nodded, knowing that I would give up my life to protect the colony. Caesar left to find out what was going on and who was on patrol.

I transformed back into a tiger and waited for the humans. I sat in the darkness, my brothers behind me. I was ready to attack. A man eventually came into the cavern with his face painted black wearing camo. Military. "Where is King Kong?" he asked. I could hear other voices answer even though he was alone in the room. I turned to Blue and put my paw on his chest, telling him to stay. 

I moved to attack the man, my massive form filling most of the room. I walked up behind him and swiped at him, injuring him and knocking him to the floor. I roared at him as he shot at me. I knew some of the bullets found their mark but I didn't move. I pounced on him as other apes started to storm the area. I knew I should kill him, but Caesar was the leader here.

Before he could arrive I ended up fighting with the man and he escaped on the rope outside the waterfall. I tried to follow him but Maurice was holding me back. Caesar was already after him. Maurice pointed to my shoulder where two bullets had gone through. I shook my head at him telling him I was fine. I turned to Blue and his little brother. They were both okay but one of the bullets had missed me and hit their mother.

The ape I considered to be my mother, the closest thing I ever had to a mother was dead. Outside I heard Caesar yell before I heard a splash. I moved to the edge of our hideout and looked down into the river, I saw Caesar swimming, trying to fight the current. I made my way down to him to help him out of the river. There was another waterfall and he would go over the edge if he didn't get out. I may not have been able to protect his sons' mother but I would not let them lose their father.

When I reached the river bed I took on my crocodile form and swam out to the rock Caesar was hanging on to and allowed him to climb on my back before swimming back to the bank. "Thank you," Caesar said as I pulled myself from the water. I nodded taking on my tiger form and he pointed to holes in my shoulder. I shook my head, I was fine. I lifted my paw and rubbed it in a circular motion on my chest, telling him I was sorry.

~"What are you sorry for?"~ he asked. "My family?" he asked.

~"Sons safe, mother, sorry,"~ I signed messily with my paw. He jumped on my back and kicked my sides harder than he usually did. I growled at him but I ran back up to the nest. I was met with my brothers, Maurice, Luca, and Rocket. That night we buried our dead and packed our things, making a plan.

We could wait no longer, the humans knew where we were hiding. We had to leave now. I let Maurice treat my wound so it wouldn't get infected. As we sent our dead down river I sang, "Are you, are you

Coming to the tree
They strung up a man
They say who murdered three
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where dead man called out
For his love to flee
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging treeAre you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where I told you to run
So we'd both be free
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging treeAre you, are you
Coming to the tree
Wear a necklace of hope
Side by side with me
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging treeAre you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where I told you to run
So we'd both be free
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging treeAre you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where they strung up a man
They say who murdered three
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging treeAre you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where dead man called out
For his love to flee
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree