Pretty Wild

Chapter One

I sat there waiting impatiently, just don’t touch anything, just don’t touch anything, it’s not so hard. This is so annoying. I mean, I wasn’t ever going to touch my Principle’s laptop if he had just left the room without a word. Now, I just can’t keep my hands to myself, you know why? Because he said DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING! And for that exact reason I want to touch everything and the first thing my eyes landed on was his silver laptop. All I could think was; Shiny! Because I can’t control myself or choose not to, I stood up, looked around like James Bond would do, though I knew there was nobody there.

I sat in his huge leather chair which is funny because that man is a toothpick. Now let the games begin, Mwahahaha. The things I saw first were pretty boring, just which members of staff were absent and blah blah blah. Then I saw something that caught my eye, there’s going to be a new kid and judging from his file he seems like a nerd, BORING! I really wanted to see if I could find something interesting on this thing but no, Mr Zedman also known as my principle or headmaster (pahaha, sounds wrong) and the most admired man in the school (stated by those certain crazy teachers) decided that he should come back. I scrambled to my seat and looked out the window of the large dull office I knew all too well. He looked at me and around the room trying to find something broken or stolen. “No luck yet, sir?” I asked cockily. He sighed, “lt seems as if you haven’t touched anything, but I’ll inspect my office and make sure later.” I raised a brow, really? This guy must have no life at all if he’ll waste his time doing that. “I’ve made my decision and I know exactly what to do with you, every time you violate a school rule you will have to do whatever I ask of you.” I eyed him, but I knew whatever he wants he got it so there was no use in arguing with him, but two could play at that game. “Bribery and corruption I tell you...” I muttered under my breath. “What was that, Annabelle?” I inhaled a deep breath and exhaled it, every-body knows I hate that name. My parents have got bad taste. I leaned in closer to him putting my hands on the desk in front of him while he looked up at me with fear in his eyes, “Fine Ronald you win this time round and its Anna to you, Mr Headmaster.” I turned around on my heel leaving him stunned in what I like to call the Dark-pithole.

I was so frustrated, just because I was the cause of a huge fight (where they actually had to call an ambulance and the police) didn’t mean I was destructive, well THAT destructive anyway. Now I actually have to behave or else that excuse of a principle will have fun pushing me around. School was already over and more than half the student body had left eager to get to move on to the next day.

My best friends Riley Moore and Kyle Watson were waiting for me outside probably keen to hear what went down in the pit hole. Riley was very pretty, with the perfect figure, dark brown hair, and large brown eyes and flawless skin. Kyle on the other hand had blue eyes, short blond hair and was handsome enough to date Riley, yup you guessed it! They’re dating. I never feel like I’m the third wheel though and I love these two goof balls. “Dude, what happened in there!? You spent like 15 minutes in that pit hole.” Kyle asked. “That sun of a gun told me that if I misbehave again he would make me do his bidding. What kind of principle does that?” Riley burst out laughing, “Well enjoy that because you and I both know you wouldn’t last a day without breaking at least fifty school rules.” I rolled my eyes at that, I can behave, I just choose not to. “Oh! And while I was in there I got a sneak peak at his laptop and there’s a new kid joining next week. By the looks of it though he seems pretty dull so why don’t we broaden his horizons and paint him a colourful picture?” I asked excitedly. “Oh no! Please, Anna, don’t make him run away from us. I actually like nerds.” Kyle stated. “I’ve never made anyone run away, people love me.” Riley and Kyle looked at each other before laughing their heads off. “What about Sarah Dunkin and Flinn Emerson? Remember them?” Riley asked. “It’s not my fault they’re afraid of fire.” I muttered “Yeah yeah yeah, just behave tomorrow okay?” I rolled my eyes, “Whatever. Anyways, Adios Amigas!” “See ya!” they both screamed back. I got into my Silver Audi R8 GT Spyder, man I love my car.

As soon as I walked into the house there they were, looking at me with disappointing eyes. My parents., the most well-known and respected people in this small town, why? I have no idea in the world. “Your principle called…again.” My dad boomed with his loud and deep voice. “Are you sure you should be talking to him dad? I mean, if he calls you all the time that must be a sign that-” “Enough! How hard is it to just sit in a classroom and shut the hell up? I mean honestly, causing a fight? And singing and dancing on tables in the classroom? Come on!” I stood there smiling, so proud of what I had accomplished. How many of you can say you started a flash mob in class and everyone joined in? Yeah, I thought so. I opened my mouth to speak but my dad beat me to it, “What great lie is going to come out of that mouth now, huh? What smart sly comment is to come?!” Then I got angry, why is he being such a drama queen? Normally they just tell me never to do it again and send me up to my room for 3 hours. I always laugh at that, everything I need is in my room, my tv, mini fridge, bathroom, cell phone, the list could go on and on. The real torture is when they tell me to go downstairs for a ‘family night’ or ‘movie Friday’ uhg! Even though I was angry I decided that I should shut up after all, I was a bit destructive today.

My dad was fuming, he was blood red and you could see the anger in his blue eyes, his posture was stiff but he managed to jump around enough to make his blond hair look like it was having a dance party.  I looked at my petite mom for help, who was standing behind my dad and you know what she did? She laughed at me and mouthed ‘Sucker!’ Geez, Thanks mom. I shook my head and I heard my dad say, “Good, now go up to your room this instant.” Wait, did I miss something? I was probably spaced out while he was still talking and when I shook my head he took that as an answer for one of his questions. SCORE! “Thank-I mean darn, not my room!” I said. “No complaining missy, otherwise there will be no family night, just locked up in your room the whole night.” I was mentally grinning, yup, this is good, THIS IS GOOD! “But daaad!” I whined.  “That’s it, up to your room, whole night and that’s final!” I sighed dramatically and heard my mom laughing in the background. I stomped off looking angry but boy on the inside was I happier than ever.

The next day when I woke up I had already thought of a plan to ‘welcome’ the new kid to Jefferson High School. I looked at myself in the mirror and Okayed my appearance. I have blue eyes and golden blond hair. I was wearing black skinny jeans, black ankle high boots, a white crop top with the words: I don’t hate you. I’m just not necessarily excited about your existence; and complimented the outfit with a black leather jacket. I chose to wear a bunch of bracelets and a huge watch. (So I could pretend I’m Ben Ten) I threw my backpack over my shoulder and made my way to downstairs to the kitchen. On the counter in front of me there was an apple and a huge cookie, which shall I pick? I mean, apples are healthy right? But cookies…They are just so damn good and choc chip is just THE best and this cookie was huge and screaming my name. No no no, you have to settle this like a mature woman Anna. So I closed my eyes and turned around several times making me dizzy and pointed in the direction I was hoping the cookie I mean apple was. When I opened my eyes I saw that my finger was pointing straight at the apple, almost like it was telling me if I don’t eat the thing it’s going to make me. “Anna you’re going to be late for school if you do not leave now!” My mother shouted. Well the finger did decide, I picked the apple up and got into my car. While I was driving I decided that my tummy needed some food so I picked up my apple and looked at it, but it wasn’t an apple. It was the damn big mouth-watering chocolate chip cookie. I looked at it and gave it a stern look, but it was giving me puppy eyes and I got angry so I took a huge bite of the cookie. Yeah! That’ll show it never to mess with me, if I don’t want to eat you then I won’t and I just proved my point by…oh. I ate the cookie. I sighed, well there’s no use in wasting now is there? I parked my car at school and got out, people immediately crowded me asking about different questions like, ‘Are you going to pull a prank today?’ and ‘What happened yesterday with Mr Zedman?’ I smirked, “People people people, I assure you that a great adventure lies ahead of us today, tomorrow, and next week and you are all invited to help out.”