Chapter 5

After completing the check on Yoongi's throat, the vet switched off the small torchlight and placed it on the table.

"Mr. Park, has there been any new events or changes in the past few days?" The vet asked.

"Yes, Yoongi has not been eating as much as before."

The vet continued, "Is there anything else? How about changes in your life, Mr. Park?"

Jimin is confused by the change in focus from Yoongi to himself but he answered the question anyway. "Erm, I got a new job. It's at a dog cafe half an hour away from my apartment."

"I see, and what's the working hours like compared to what you were doing previously?" Dr. Kim Namjoon asked.

"I worked a 9 to 5 job and was able to reach home by 6 in the past. Now, I reach home by 10 and that's why I bought a timed food dispenser as well." Jimin explained.

"Hmm, alright, I have my diagnosis ready."

With a smile tugging at the corner of his lips, Namjoon proclaimed, "Yoongi was fake coughing."

"What!?" Jimin looked at Yoongi in disbelief while Yoongi's quick and shallow breathing went back to normal immediately. Jimin almost choked at the silent verification of the truth.

Well, Amazing Yoongi did not see the point in pretending further after Dr. Kim - that rat - exposed the truth.

"From what you have told me, there was a change in lifestyle for you, and that means a change for your pet as well. Yoongi is probably still adapting to it and this can be seen from the decrease in food consumption. He was possibly jealous about the smell of other dogs on you too and you might recall incidents of little tantrums and even aggressive behaviour."

2 incidents came to Jimin's mind immediately: The pillow-ripping and bathtub incidents.

"And that's why Yoongi resorted to fake coughing."

Yoongi glanced at Jimin nervously. Yoongi knew that his behaviour was a tad unreasonable lately.

Jimin sighed. He felt guilty for failing to pick up the signs but more than that, he was relieved that Yoongi is healthy. Jimin gave a little bow to Namjoon and thanked him before carrying Yoongi off the table and to the cashier.

Yoongi knows that the man servant wasn't angry after he carried him earlier. But Yoongi was feeling generous and snuggled against Jimin and looked at him with puppy eyes. Jimin gave in in 3 seconds and kissed Yoongi on the nose.

Jimin being Jimin, found joy in almost everything. He laughed out loud that he is paying 50 dollars to know that his dog didn't even have a real cough.

On the car, Jimin told Yoongi softly, "Yoongs, you know that I love you the most, right? They pay is lower, but I really enjoy working with dogs much more than working in an office. I feel happy to see people loving and enjoying time with dogs. There is nothing to be jealous or worried about. Will you be a good boy and eat properly, hmm?"

Yoongi blinked and thought it over. The man servant indeed looked happier than before and deep down, Jimin's happiness is most important to Yoongi.

So Yoongi nodded.

- A/ N -

Hi there, dear reader, this is the end and thank you for picking up this short story. I hope you had a few laughs, just like I did when writing this ❤️

If you are feeling kind or happy, please leave me a vote ^^

Fun Facts:
1. I imagined Yoongi as an Afghan Hound. This breed is so gorgeous! I wanted Yoongi to look beautiful and intelligent, and thought it would be fun if his personality is a little silly and pompous.

2. Namjoon's part on Yoongi's behaviour was 100% spun and not fact-based so don't take it seriously!

3. I hope to adopt a dog someday, when I have the time and money to care for it properly.

4. Jimin is my bias wrecker.