Chapter Six

Smiths Grove Sanitarium
September 10th, 1968

-------

I sat up in my seat, two guards accompanying me by standing at my side.

I stared forward at the chair across from me- that was to be my friends.

My eyes only left the seat when the sound of a heavy door being pushed open echoed in my ears.

My eyes widened, I couldn't fight the grin that threatened to squish itself onto my face. My friend was tugged into the small room in chains, he made his way to his seat and sat down.

Now four grown men surrounded us, keeping their eyes narrowed with suspicion.

"Hi," I smiled, trying to hide my excitement. My friend raised his head to stare at me, I had never seen his face- but throughout the long months we were separated, I could tell he had changed.

"Are you happy to see me again? Because i'm happy to see you!" I pressed my hands together, fighting back the urge to try and tackle my friend to the floor and hug him like my life depended on it.

My friend tilted his head to the side, waiting for me to do the same.
My eyes widened as I let out a gasp of realization, I tilted my head and watched my friend intently until he readjusted his head to its normal standpoint.

"I missed you, Michael..." I sighed in relief, the sight of his large frame now sending shivers down my spine.

"I really did..." I nodded slowly, my eyes never leaving his masked face.
He only watched me.

"Tell me you missed me too?" I requested in a soft tone, almost inaudible for everyone but my forever love.

I leaned back in my seat, my heart thudding rapidly against my chest, so much to the point I though my friend might've been able to hear it. I threw that thought to side and waited for him to do or say something- anything.

My friend stared for a moment longer, the silence in our guarded room became tense. I swallowed hard, my body subconsciously slouching forward; a bit of a habit I had grown accustomed to.

"Michael just nod? Something to tell me you missed me?" I pestered, only to gasp when he raised his hands and slammed them onto the table, a loud bang echoing throughout the room whilst his cuffs rattled for a short moment.

I whimpered quietly, my shoulders rising for a moment as my body tensed.

I had frustrated him.
He didn't want to function around the pitiful adults that filled the room to watch us.

I furrowed my brows and allowed my body to relax. I sighed heavily and twisted to look behind me before speaking, "Can you leave us alone for a minute at the least? At least watch us where we can't see, y'know?" I questioned, a faint growl evident in my voice.

The grown men stood silently for a moment, leaving the tallest- and most intimidating to step forward and respond.

He stared down at me, un-phased by the cold glare I shot up at him. "Mind your manners Love." He commanded, leaving me to falter into my seat.