day one *Paige*

Paige

I woke up to the sound of my dad telling me that I needed to get ready for school, I sat up in my bed quickly and began rubbing the sleep from my eyes before I got ready for school. I quietly got dressed after my dad left the room and headed downstairs after I grabbed my bag and before I walked into the kitchen to eat breakfast I heard my mom and dad arguing like they always did every morning for the past three months now...I sat down on the step I stood on and listened as they both argued.

Mom: it's always the same thing with you Josh and I'm tired of hearing it... I had enough of it...

Josh: well what would you have me do Lily? Its not like I have a choice....

Lily: I don't care what you do anymore, you're going to do it whether I want you to or not...

Josh: I don't get why you are looking at it like it's a bad thing Lily, I promise that its going to be okay once everything is settled...

Lily: well what about Paige, you're not thinking about her and its not going to be fair to her once she notices it...

Josh: we are all going to be okay, Paige is sixteen years old, she will be okay and besides it won't be like she is alone she has you here if she needs something and I'm sure her friends will keep her company too, don't worry Lily....its going to be fine you'll see

Lily: I hope you are right Josh, but I think you should tell Paige before you leave....

Josh: I will tell her when she gets home from school...

I stood up and walked into the kitchen and pretended like I didn't hear what my mom and dad had to say as I grabbed the cup of orange juice that was sitting on the table next to the peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Lily: hey sweetheart did you sleep good?

Paige: yeah I slept good...

I finished my breakfast and headed out the door as I begun walking towards school which was I begun hearing my name being called by someone that I thought was my friend but it went horrible after we both got into the 9th grade, my old friend Samantha....

Samantha: oh look its Paige, I guess the freak show is back in town...

I ignored her and continued walking to school which the day flew by quickly. I was standing in front of my locker when I seen Samantha lean up against the lockers next to me

Samantha: so me and my friends wanted to ask you...is this freak show going to be in the same spot where the circus stands every year?

I slammed the locker door and looked at her....

Paige: gee Samantha I wouldn't know why don't you ask your boyfriend he seems to be hooked on the ones you consider freaks...

Samantha: as if my boyfriend would be into freaks like you. You should just disappear and never return, you're dead to me...

Paige: oh is that what you tell yourself when you remember how we used to be friends...?

Samantha: I was never your friend so don't even imagine such things...

I pushed passed her and headed home, after I got back home I was stopped by my dad and he quickly begun telling me that he was enlisting in the military and that he would be leaving in a month for training...