Zane furrowed his eyebrows when he saw the texts that were delivered coming back to back.

"Who blowing my phone up?" Beatrix asked with her full attention on Ziyanna's hair.

"Nothing just bill collectors," he lied pitifully.

Unknown: hey you might not remember me, but we met at the mall.

Unknown: I know you're wondering how I got this number lol. Truth is I got it from your boyfriend.

Unknown: we've been fucking off, quite some time now. I have pictures to prove it.

Zane quickly blocked Sadi's number and deleted the messages. He made a mental note to fuck her up whenever he see her. Feeling guilty, he started kissing her neck making her giggle. "I love you, baby. You love me?"

"Yeah, I love you," she said looking back at him with a smile. He pressed his lips against hers and looked at her pregnancy glow.

"Even when times get rough, promise not to leave, Ight?"

"Okay," she said simply. He grabbed her chin for her to look at him again.

"I'm serious Beatrix," he said above a whisper. "Promise me."

"I promise," she frowned. "What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing," he said shaking his head. "Finish my baby hair."

•••

Beatrix and her father went out to eat that morning. Their conversations never grew stale because they had so much to talk about.

"How's the babies doing?" Orion asked.

"They're starting to move around," Beatrix responded. "Like when they here certain voices."

Orion nodded with a smile. "I just can't believe I'm about to be someone's papa. You know I've been having baby fever."

"Well, I'll send them right to your crib," she smiled. "You love babies anyway."

"I love them one at a time though," he said seriously. "I never dealt with twins before."

"I have," she mumbled with an eye roll. "That silky black hair of yours is going to turn gray."

He rubbed his goatee with a frown. "Keep them lil rugrats away from me then. I'm still young."

She scoffed. "You young alright. Did you see all those evil glares these women been giving me. Even the waitress. I mean—I look just like yo ass."

He laughed at his daughter. Her face expressions made her look exactly like Orion. "What can I say? I have that effect on women."

"Yeah Yeah," she said playfully waving him off. "So will I be having a stepmom soon. Are you seeing someone?"

He shook his head. The girl he was messing with completely cut him off. Orion didn't think too much of it. He was about to cut her off anyway. "Taking it slow."

She nodded in understanding. "Well you can get any female you want in here. Take your pick."

He chuckled at her and looked around. There were young, mid age, and even old checking him out. He had matured over the seven years he was in prison. He used to have a bare face, small muscles, and was bald headed.

"We can hangout tomorrow," she said nervously. "If you like...Zane's mother said I'm not allowed over there anymore."

Orion frowned. "Why? What you do?"