One Hundred Nine & One Hundred Ten

“Do you know what today is?”

“Well yesterday was my birthday so today is…”

“Valentine’s,” I grinned, “Will you be my Valentine?”

“If you unlock me from the bed,” said Aston, leaning up so his lips were just inches from mine.

“I think that can be arranged,” I said, “Although I’m surprised that you’re in this position, begging to be let out.”

“Shocking, I know,” he replied with a smirk, “But I have a feeling you have other plans for me right now.”

“You might be right,” I said, closing the gap between our lips and kissing him tenderly. “Thought I’d make it up to you for ruining your birthday.”

“You didn’t!”

I just smiled at him faintly, leaning forward and unhitching the quick release.

“Seriously?” asked Aston as his wrist was freed.

“You clearly slept through me laughing my head off,” I replied, “Now go clean your teeth!”

I pushed him out of the bed where he ran through his morning routine, returning to me a few minutes later in fresh clothes.

“Come on,” I said, grabbing his hand and taking him downstairs to the dinning room. There were candles all along the table and two places set next to each other at the far end. A bottle of champagne was chilling in some ice and fresh fruit and orange juice were set on the table along with some bakery goods. “There’s frittata too,” I grinned.

“You are too perfect,” sighed Aston, pulling me towards him for a quick kiss.

“Happy Valentine’s Day,” I said, pulling away from him and grabbing the champagne, popping it and pouring out two glasses. I handed one to Aston and then held mine up for a toast, “To being just crazy enough!”

PART ONE HUNDRED AND TEN

The rest of my time in London was absolutely perfect. Valentine’s Day we spent in the house, cuddled up and chatting. We were both a little too hungover to make more out of the day, and really we just wanted to enjoy one another’s company. We spent a lot of the day discussing what it was going to be like living together, talking through the logistics of my move and that. I’d picked maybe the worst time for it, right when Aston was leaving to go on Tour, but we figured it would work itself out. 

That night Aston cooked for me, attempting to make lasagna. Unfortunately, it ended up burnt because we may or may not have gotten distracted, enjoying our time together. So, obviously, we ended up ordering in instead. But it was so worth it!

The next day was our unofficial six-month anniversary. For the day Aston opted on taking me out around town, shopping a bit and having a nice meal for lunch in a ritzy hotel. He claimed that he was attempting to spoil me, but I kept declining his offers to buy me nice things. Of course being out and about meant getting papped a few times here and there, but I didn’t really care anymore. At least they weren’t calling me his mistress or whatever!

The evening of our anniversary was spent out, a nice meal and some low key clubbing with a few friends. It was the perfect way to end my weekend in London, although we did get harassed a bit by Aston’s band mates for the handcuff escapade. Who could blame them though?

I flew back to New York the day after our anniversary, and was back in the office the day after that despite my jet lag. Every time I got back to the office after some time away I came to dislike it more and more, this was no exception.