One Hundred Nine & One Hundred Ten

PART ONE HUNDRED NINE

“And this is why we aren’t ready to be parents…” I slurred as the pair of us lay in bed on top of the duvet, our wrists cuffed together.

“Here we thought getting married in Vegas was ridiculous,” laughed Aston. To say we were both still feeling our drink was an understatement. If anything, I was now feeling drunker than I had the whole night, making the handcuff situation incredibly hilarious.

“What are we gonna do?” I asked, shaking the cuffs so both our wrists jiggled.

“I could try and break them?” said Aston, “I think I’ve got a hammer somewhere.”

“You are not hammering anywhere near my hand mister! Especially after the number of vodka shots that were done!” 

“What other option do we have?” he asked, pulling our wrists towards his face so he could inspect the handcuffs even though we were laying in the dark.

“We could try to pick the lock?” I said.

“Good idea!” Aston scrambled out of bed, pulling me with him as he went down to the kitchen. He dug through a few drawers, trying to find something that would fit in the lock hole, but failing miserably.

“What about a hairpin?” I asked, as I stood next to him.

“Yeah!” he said, pulling me back upstairs. 

I pulled a hairpin out of my bag and tried to fit it into the lock, but my hand-eye coordination was severely off and I kept missing.

“Let me try,” said Aston, plucking the pin from my hand and promptly dropping it on the ground. He bent down to pick it up, but made no progress on his lock.

“I don’t know what to do!” I cried as tears started to prick my eyes. I slouched down onto the floor, pulling Aston with me.

“Hey, don’t cry,” he said, touching my knee gently.

“I can’t help it,” I said, “I’m frustrated, I’m drunk, and I just ruined your birthday!”

“You didn’t ruin my birthday,” said Aston, his hand still on my knee as we sat on the floor face to face. Our cuffed hands awkwardly resting between us.

“You don’t think me getting us handcuffed together for eternity is ruining your birthday?” I frowned.

“No,” said Aston smiling and shaking his head back and forth, “Although I do admit it was a crazy moment, you did it to save me from those girls, remember?” I smiled faintly at this while picking at the carpet with my free hand. “Don’t be upset Jess, I quite like your crazy side, and this will definitely be a good story when all is said and done.”

I snorted with laughter as I looked up to see Aston smiling at me, his eyes somewhat bloodshot from the alcohol.

“Love you,” I whispered, leaning forward and pressing my lips sweetly against his.

“Love you too,” he replied, “Now what do you say we get into bed and try to sleep the rest of this off, figure it out in the morning?”

“Ok,” I said, standing up from the ground and letting him lead me first into the bathroom where we awkwardly took turns getting ready to go to bed. It was certainly one of those moments that would only make us stronger as a couple.

“Now then, into the bed,” said Aston, leading me back out to the bed.

“Our bed,” I smiled.

“Oh yes,” he grinned, pushing me down onto the bed and climbing in on top of me.

It didn’t take long for our innocent ‘going to bed’ scheme to turn into something completely different. Aston was clearly still interested in getting a little birthday action, and I was only to willing to oblige. Luckily being in a bed made it slightly easier than when we’d been in the bathroom. Or maybe it was because we’d already navigated the cuffs before?