Chapter Eight - Loyalty

"You have come far young one" Elizabeth turned her head quickly as she sat upon her horse breathing heavily. She had just disarmed Oreius in their little sparing matching. A bright smile spread across her face as she looked at the giant Lion.

"Aslan" She whispered to herself nudging her horses side gently getting her to move forward and towards the lion. "You've been gone a long time. Everyone will be delighted to see you" She told the Lion before climbing down off her horse. A faun walked over taking the horse from her in which she thanked him for.

"And I will be just as delighted to see them, but for now I must speak with you in private" He said walking away leaving no room for discussion. Elizabeth looked over to Oreius nodding and he nodded back before walking away. Elizabeth followed the lion into the large tent where they could speak alone. "How have the others been progressing?" He asked her and she gave him a look of suspicion knowing something else was on his mind. But none the less she answered him.

"Everyone is doing fine. Lance has become quite the scout, Penny has taken up the interest of healing which she gets better in it every day. " She said and Aslan nodded letting her speak. "Well Digory bounces around from place to place, he's like a sponge. Taking in everything from everybody. William keeps his time in sparing different types of people, always learning different tactics. He's becomes a better fighter every time I spare him"

"And what about Jadis?" He asked and she held her head slightly higher at the sound of her name.

"What about her?" She questioned him.

"How is she settling in?" He asked her.

"It's been over 7 years Aslan, I'm sure she's settled in by now" She said trying to go around the on coming question.

"I can feel you're hiding something from me Elizabeth, it would be wise to say it now" He said and she looked down.

"She's been different recently" She spoke up catching his attention. "A few weeks ago she disappeared for a day. Just when we were about to go and look for her she turns up. Ever since then she's been even more distant. She leaves Cair Paravel every day and doesn't come back for hours. William says she doesn't go to training, Penny says that she doesn't go to the villages, Lance says that she'd be in the forests but he loses her every time she leaves" She said.

"Do you trust her?" Aslan questioned her.

"Do you?" She shot back. "What are you hiding from me Aslan? What is the reason you wanted to speak with me?" She questioned him and he sighed to the girl in front of him.

"Remember when you and your family first arrived here?" He asked her making her nod. "When we walked down the beach and looked at Cair Paravel" Again she nodded to Aslan wondering where this was going to go. "Remember that evil I spoke about?" He questioned her. She looked at him not liking where this is going.

"You think Jadis is that Evil?" She asked him and he sighed deeply.

"I think she is apart of this evil yes" He said and she began to pace. "Recently I have felt it growing, growing faster than it has been in the past. Someone is behind it, someone is making it grow" She shook her head.

"No, Jadis would not betray us like that" She said denying it but deep down she knew there was some truth behind what he said. "Let me speak with her Aslan, let me talk with her. I can get us some answers" Aslan nodded knowing how hard it was on her.

"I do hope that I am wrong Elizabeth" He said as she left the tent.

"When have you ever been wrong?" She whispered to herself as she made her way to Cair Paravel. She walked to the castle a lot on her mind and when she reached her home she looked around for her older sister. "Jadis" She spoke up seeing her and Penny walking and laughing together. Jadis turned her head to her younger sister and stopped laughing when she heard the seriousness in her voice.

"Elizabeth" She greeted back to her. "How was your sparing with Oreius? Done so soon?" She asked her and she nodded.

"Looks like he's getting old" Penny said smiling.

"Or our dear sister is learning a thing or two" Jadis said smiling widely.

"Jadis I need to speak with you, alone" She added and Jadis nodded to her.

"Alright, I'll see you later Penny." Penny nodded looking at both of her sisters before walking away from them.

"Come on, lets speak in the study" Elizabeth said walking away from her and Jadis followed her sister into the study.

"What is it you wished to speak with me my dear, little sister?" She asked to Elizabeth like she knew what was coming.

"Don't speak to me like that Jadis" She said sternly.

"Like what sister?" She asked tilting her head.

"Like I'm 12 years old Jadis" She snapped walking towards her. "Where have you been going? William says you're not going to training, Penny says you're not in the villages, every time Lance tries to follow you, you make sure to loose him." She said looking to her sister.

"Why does it matter where I am going? I am a grown woman, I can go anywhere that I like." Jadis said and Elizabeth sighed.

"I just want to make sure that you are alright Jadis, we're worried about you" Elizabeth said trying to play nice but Jadis caught it.

"You don't trust me do you" Jadis said looking at her sister and Elizabeth sighed looking down. "I see it in your eyes everyday, you don't trust me"

"Well what do you expect Jadis, you just leave for half a day, no body knows where you go and you come back, lock yourself into your room for the rest of the day. I want to know where you go" Elizabeth demanded making Jadis smile and she walked towards her sister.

"How does it feel? To not be in control of me?" She asked quietly.

"I'm not the only one Jadis, there are a lot of people who question your loyalty. Aslan included" This caught Jadis's attention.

"Aslan? You've spoken to Aslan? For how long? When did he come back?" She asked quickly.

"This morning, he came asking if I trusted you" She said.

"And what did you say?" She questioned her.

"You know what I said" She told her. "Where do you go Jadis?" She asked but Jadis wasn't listening she was thinking to herself. She thought that if Aslan was back that she'd need to make her move quicker than she anticipated. He hasn't returned for over 7 years and now that she's got a plan he comes to ruin it. She wanted to get all of her siblings on her side but speaking to Elizabeth she knew that wasn't going to be the case. Who could she trust? Who else in the family didn't trust her?

"There was a time where we all trusted each other, where we all loved each other" Jadis whispered and Elizabeth looked down. "I'm so sorry Elizabeth" She whispered before knocking her out with a vase.