find ourselves some truth - part two

you

my bed was my safe-point. it held me as i sobbed over my boyfriend. he had beautiful women messaging him, asking for his love. i was beating myself up over having not looked to his replies. thinking that, it probably would've made me feel a hell of a lot worse.

"(y/n)?"

george entered our bedroom slowly and quietly. i wiped the wetness off my face and looked to him. there was hurt in his eyes but nothing that could compare to the pain in my chest.

"what?"

i snapped back. this shook him up a little but showed my control in the situation.

"i want you to read the rest of the messages. and i want to stay in yours and our baby's lives."

i said nothing but held my hand out to take his phone. my birthday was his password and that alone gave me some hope for us. against my choice, i went on one of the message threads with a blonde, apparently called zöe.
i began to scroll up but failed to find a message that my boyfriend had sent.

"you've deleted everything?"

i looked to him, now sitting at the foot of the bed.

"keep scrolling."

i did as i was told and finally found a message from george. it was dated to a week ago and was something i didn't expect to see.

'i have a girlfriend whom i adore, please stop messaging me.'

i stopped for a moment and looked up. i'd jumped to the conclusion that my boyfriend was a cheat; but all along he'd been avoiding girls' attention.
i pushed myself up and walked on my knees to george. i wrapped my arms round his neck and kissed him, apologising between kisses.
he was right for me, and for our baby i held inside me.