paradise

"what do you want for your birthday?"

george asked as we sat on the grass behind our home. i looked briefly at the cursive 'g' tattooed on my wrist and then straight into his eyes.

"something genuine. don't spend any money."

it was clear he had a thought. then soon enough, he was walking through the back door and into our lounge. our bedroom light then turned on upstairs but he closed the curtains after smiling down at me.
hours upon hours passed and the sun began to set. i drank the last few sips of my red wine and looked up to the sky. the night sky was casting over and it was free of clouds, exaggerating all the stars and their constellations. the back door reopened and the love of my life approached me. once again glancing at my tattoo, i noticed his matching one with my initial presented next to his hand, holding the guitar he cherished.

"i have your birthday present."

my birthday wasn't for another few days but i let it slide. i was incredibly curious.
george sat in front of me a propped his guitar on his lap.

"i wrote you, us, a song."

"george."

i smiled, trying to conceal the huge affection spread over my face.

"go ahead."

he began lightly strumming and built up his cue to sing.

"my love. my lover, lover, lover i'm in paradise whenever i'm with you.."

even though it was only the first line, my heart was coming through my chest.
he continued to sing and i continued to completely admire him.

"if it feels like paradise running through your bloody veins then you know it's love heading your way."

george finished and looked at me and awaited a judgement. i sprung at him and kissed him all over his face and neck.

"i loved that. thank you."

"anything for my girl. you are my paradise."

my whole heart belonged to this man who laid below me...