25. see you around

Start from the beginning

"I don't even understand how you've spent this long with him," Marcel says in disgust. "He's a Mikaelson. Sooner or later they ruin your life!"

"That's enough!" she yells at the vampire across the room. "Witches can be brought back, correct?" Marcel nods his head. "Then lets bring back Davina before it's too late."

+++

Not being able to see Davina lifeless for any longer, Ariel went somewhere that was the last place on her mind: the Mikaelson mansion. She really didn't know why she was going here, but her feet wouldn't stop moving. She entered the gateway and saw Freya through the doors doing some sort of spell.

"What are you doing here?"

She turned around, seeing a depressed Klaus Mikaelson watching her from the balcony. Ariel shrugged her shoulders. "Needed closure, I guess."

"I tried to kill you." Klaus came down stairs in a split second, standing only a couple feet away from the angel. "Lucien lied to me; Cami died and I regret ever believing him and sticking that blade through you."

Ariel tried holding back her tears, but her wall broke down so easily. "I thought we were family, Klaus! I loved you like a brother; I looked up to you. We've been through so much together, yet you decide to end this bond between by sticking a blade through my chest."

"Ariel..." Klaus tried forming words, but nothing would help her. "I'm sorry and it was a mistake. That's all I can say."

"Well, that's the last thing you're going to say to me for a while. I'm done with this town–"

"Ariel."

"No!" she yelled at him after being interrupted. Her heart crumbled as she let her feelings out. "You hurt me! I hate letting people in because I just end up getting hurt in the end. I can only trust Kol and my brother. Davina's dead, Kai got sucked back into Hell. Kol's on the verge of having the ancestors ruining him and Asher's so close to leaving this place for good. My life is so messed up, but you were honestly the only constant going for me. Now, I don't even know who you are anymore. Goodbye Klaus."

Ariel turned away, not wanting to hear anything else out of his mouth. Klaus stood there, feeling the most broken he has in a while.

+++

After the heartbreaking conversation with Klaus, the Mikaelson mansion was the last place she wanted to be. She loved Davina, of course she did, but she couldn't handle seeing her face, knowing it may be the last time she would see it. Ariel knew Freya was powerful, but the ancestors had a deal with Lucien and they sure as well didn't wat Davina cheating death because of a Mikaelson.

Ariel walked into the church, admiring the painted windows and statue of an angel that stared right at her. She kneeled down on the steps in front. Clasping her hands together, she closed her eyes and prayed. "Angels, God, I know I haven't done this in a long time, but I need peace. I - I can't handle it anymore. The people I love are dying and I can't seem to stop it. I need your guidance. Show me how to get rid of this pain and to help my friends. Please."

A bright light shone through her eye, making them to open to see an angel right in front of her. It was Angel Mary, one of the elders she grew up admiring. She set out her hand, Ariel taking it. "You're still a young woman, Ariel Summers. You will face obstacles, but just remember that you are an angel. Angel's are one of the most powerful beings in the universe, yet you seem to forget that at times. Maturity will come with power–"